Does anyone have these two scans?

by middleman 2 Replies latest jw friends

• middleman
    middleman

The Watchtower, April 1, 1983, page 31.

Why, in recent years, has The Watchtower not made use of the translation by the former Catholic priest, Johannes Greber? This translation was used occasionally in support of renderings of Matthew 27:52, 53 and John 1:1, as given in the New World Translation and other authoritative Bible versions. But as indicated in a foreword to the 1980 edition of The New Testament by Johannes Greber, this translator relied on "God's Spirit World" to clarify for him how he should translate difficult passages. It is stated: "His wife, a medium of God's Spiritworld was often instrumental in conveying the correct answers from God's Messengers to Pastor Greber." The Watchtower has deemed it improper to make use of a translation that has such a close rapport with spiritism.

The Watchtower, February 15, 1956, page 110.

Says Johannes Greber in the introduction of his translation of The New Testament, copyrighted in 1937: 'I myself was a Catholic priest, and... never as much believed in the possibility of communicating with the world of God's spirits. The day came, however, when I involuntarily took my first step toward such communication,... My experiences are related in a book that has appeared in both German and English and bears the title, Communication with the Spirit-World: Its Laws and Its Purpose.'... Greber endeavors to make his New Testament read very spiritualistic...Very plainly the spirits in which ex-priest Greber believes helped him in his translation.

• middleman
    middleman

Never mind I found them...........

• Atlantis

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit