Has anyone seen "Population 436" ?

by AK - Jeff 7 Replies latest jw friends

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Wow - the striking similarities to cults stood the hair on my neck. The pictures in the 'prophecy book' looked amazingly Watchtoweresque also, and lead the lead character to immediately investigate 'Biblical Numerology'.

I had seen it before - but there must be less and less fog in my mind nowadays - since I didn't see any of the same similarities I saw when I watched it last night.

Anyone ?

Jeff

• 4mylove
    4mylove

Hubby and I watched a bit a few weeks ago. It was a very strange movie. I always wonder when we watch something like that if something clicks inside of him?.

• heathen
    heathen

Is it on dvd or was it on TV?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Yes - weird film

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    Is it on dvd or was it on TV?

I saw it on Starz or Sho - one of my cable channels. I don't know if it is in on DVD or not. Jeff

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor

Is this a horror movie? I thought I remember seeing the trailer of something with a similar name

INQ

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Somewhat of a horror movie. But - IMO more of a mysterious movie. No axe murderers or anything.

A small town has kept the same census count since the 1800's - 436. A census taker gets in the middle of finding that the town is driven by numerology and a hundred+ year old prophecy keeping the population at that level.

Jeff

• SusanHere
    SusanHere

I thought the ending was really lousy. They should have gotten away.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit