Anyone else like Radiohead?

by LoveUniHateExams 10 Replies latest social entertainment

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Over the past couple of weeks, I've discovered the 'alternative rock group' Radiohead.

Of course, I've known of their name for years and years but never, until recently, bothered to check out their music.

I'm also quite a big fan of Damon Albarn and admire him not only for his substantial musical output but also for the different 'feel' to his songs - Oasis, in contrast, seem to have just one Beatles-esque style. I think I've come to like Radiohead for the variety of music they make. I've only been listening to their greatest hits but I'll check out their other stuff, when I have time.

Anyone else on this forum like Radiohead?

• cantleave
    cantleave
    Yep - great band.
  • konceptual99
    konceptual99

Yes - brilliant, brilliant band.

Don't write off Oasis. Noel Gallagher is a master songwriter. I know they have a pretty basic style but they were a really great band.

If you are going to get into the Blur v Oasis argument then just pick the winner. Pulp.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Don't write off Oasis - I think they were a great band, too, especially live.

If you are going to get into the Blur v Oasis argument then just pick the winner. Pulp - like it!

I like Radiohead for their variety - they don't seem afraid to try out different styles.

Here's a great song, IMO:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AQSLozK7aA.

• innerpeace
    innerpeace
    OK computer, brilliant album
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Image result for radiohead fan...Image result for radiohead
  • Island Man
    Island Man

"Creep" is one of my faves!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFkzRNyygfk

I love the way the electric guitar soloist "jump starts" his guitar twice (like pulling the startup cord on a lawn mower twice before it finally starts) before launching into his climactic run.

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy
    I didn't like them for ages, but then 'kid a' just clicked with me, loved them ever since..
  • cantleave
    cantleave
    Actually Oasis were IMO better live (even with the bickering between Liam and Noel), although Radiohead made better studio albums.
  • Bonsai
    Bonsai

But I'm a creep
    I'm a weirdo
    What the hell am I doing here?
    I don't belong here.

One of my favorite songs that I can totally relate to right now. It's how I felt at meetings. It's how I feel now. Whenever someone asks why I've faded, no matter how rational or logical the response that I give is, they give me the look that I'm a creep and a villain for entertaining doubts.

Great band.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit