Pioneer hours vs other hours.

by 4mylove 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 4mylove
    4mylove

What's the difference? The brother in law couldn't join us this weekend because he had to put in Pioneer hours. How are they different? Do they do something different that go door to door?

thanks!

• sir82
    sir82

Pioneer hours operate much like quantum mechanics.

For example, a pioneer might spend 30 minutes actually "giving a witness" during a day, but upon observation, those 30 minutes get transformed into "6 hours" on his time slip.

• blondie
    blondie

Pioneers have a quota of hours monthly they agree to. Regular pioneer--50 hours and auxiliary pioneer--35 hours. The ordinary jw has no quota except to get 1 hour a month in (or 15 minutes/month if they are sick/elderly).

• White Dove
    White Dove

When you are granted the label "pioneer," you are expected to hand over your entire lifestyle to the FDS.

I remember living in my dresses when I pioneered. I had no life. There was no time for one.

At that time, I had to get 90 hours in per month.

Yes, the hours are different as one represents the minimum kind of hours you can get and the other represents abject servitude.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Join u in service or socially?

• elder-schmelder
    elder-schmelder

to Blondie:

I think that the hour req. are as follows.

66.66 Regular Pioneer (800 Hours per Year)

50 Aux Pioneer

Is this correct?

When I was a regular Pioneer it was 1000 hours per year

and Aux Pioneer was 60 hours. (About 12 years ago)

elder-schmelder

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

The current requirement is regular Pioneer 70 hrs per month and 50 per month for an Auxiliary Pioneer There is Strong rumor but not been confirmed that these will drop to 50 and 35 respectively.

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

sir82: *smile*

wha happened: either way, he is too elite!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Pioneer hours are just regular hours. The difference is that there are more of them.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

There were a few in a congregation I attended where publishers would do "pioneer days."

This ment that they would wake up early and spend 10 or 14 hours in continuous service. The reality that most of the time was wasted, even by their own definition, but doing a pioneer day was the thing to do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit