Placements and Ministry Hours vs. Conversions

by megs 3 Replies latest jw friends

• megs
    megs

I am so irritated. The pioneer who was giving me bible study mailed me the public version of Watchtower and Awake! (I'm not doing the BS anymore) This got me thinking... Why is more emphasis placed on hours in the ministry and "product placement" than conversion?? Isn't that the goal? Are they not trying to convert people so they aren't destroyed in Armageddon which is imminent, coming so very soon, oh so close?? As a "bible based" religion, isn't converting three people in a lifetime more valuable than spending x thousands of hours in service? Look at the parable of the lost sheep; Jesus said that the one lost sheep was more valuable than the 99 who had already been found... So should the emphasis not be switched to conversion rather than hours? To put a corporate slant on it... in the past few years, focus (at least in a lot of successful businesses) has switched from hours worked to productivity... A successful sales person may work 20 hours a week yet be able to book an equal amount of business as the person next to them who works forty hours a week. Is sales person #1 of less value? I would say the opposite, they have a higher conversion level with less labor hours. So is cutting back pioneer hours a first step in that direction? Or is it just to prevent burnout and loss of valuable members of the congregation?

As we read in post after post, the WT is a publishing company. They sell their wears, well the r&f sell their wears for them. It is a numbers game - if you talk to 100 people maybe 5% will listen, and then about 2% of those will buy. So we don't spend to much time at the doors because we need the number of "chances for a sale" to be up. Peoples eternal salvation that is an afterthought - if it is a thought at all.

• Rooster
    Rooster

The WTBTS is a Satanic Cult!

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere
    (I'm not doing the BS anymore)

GOOD FOR YOU. WTS IS A CULT!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit