Joke from Patterson elders' school

by sir82 9 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82

Our PO recently returned from his indoctrination training session at Patterson.

He's been pretty tight-lipped about the experience, following orders from above.

But he did repeat one joke he said one of the instructors made (keep in mind that all those in attendance were POs).

What is the difference between Jesus Christ and a PO?

Jesus knows he isn't God!

• willyloman
    willyloman

Jesus may know it, but many POs don't. And this won't change just because of a comment made at a meeting. The problem is that when you constantly praise elders as "princes" who are owed "double honor" for being "glorious ones," it tends to go to their heads.

• blondie
    blondie

Good points, willyloman. My husband would come home from his elders meetings commenting on those terms, and add this one "mighty men" and being told the elders had more holy spirit than the rank and file.

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

They need to show their greatness by helping the weak.

• Rooster
    Rooster

What is the difference between Satan & a P.O. ?

You can tell the P.O. is lying because you can see his lips moving.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

From what I understand there are many times that a PO may be lying, but even he doesn't know it, he is merely restating what he has been told to restate...quite sad!

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

Not talking about that. That is being misinformed.

We are talking about the deliberate shit.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

well that sounds like an admission that they know there are problems.

not sure that a seminar is going to fix that

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

ah good point ..well made

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

Blondie's right on the attitude behind that "joke". I don't think they are concerned with how the elders treat the average JW. They are more likely concerned with how they interact with headquarters. How pathetic that they call these men back for a training session and make jokes at their expense! After all, the WT doesn't pay these men for any of the many hours of work they devote to the organization. I realize that elders have their problems, and some definitely do "lord it over" others (I've been the victim of it myself), but you would think that the organization that benefits from their free labor would appreciate them enough to treat them with some respect. If you really want to solve a problem you address it directly in training. You don't make derogatory jokes to your volunteers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit