"Faithful and Wise Servant" Intrepretation?

by Pahpa 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Pahpa
    Pahpa

Most commentaries say that the "faithful and wise servant" of Matthew 24:45-31 is general admonition to Christian members or Christian leaders to remain faithful until the "return of the master." But Bible Students and the Watchtower have given it specific prophetic fulfillment in the person of Charles Russell or in the annointed of the Watchtower organization. Is anyone aware of other religious groups that have given it this significance?

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr

Here's a very intriguing alternative interpretation of this phrase:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/67457/1.ashx

I don't know of any other religious group that misuses this bible verse though.

• Pahpa
    Pahpa

Thanks, Hamilcarr

That was very interesting material. Before leaving the organization, I had quite a discussion on this subject with the elders who visited my home. I asked them about the similar account in Luke12:42-48 where the writer introduces a third condition of "...the one who does not know and does things deserving punishment"....but who "will be beaten with few blows." I asked them what class this represented? They were unable to answer never having considered the two accounts. I don't know if this was ever covered in the Watchtower publications.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit