Are the Great Crowd back out in the Court of the Gentiles?

by passwordprotected 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

In 2002 the WTS acknowledged that na·os as per Revelation 7 does not in fact refer to the Courtyard of the Gentiles, but in reality - and correctly - is a much more divine place.
    QUOTE;

But as the heavenly elder said to John, the great crowd really is in the temple, not outside the temple area in a kind of spiritual Court of the Gentiles. What a privilege that is! And how it highlights the need for each one to maintain spiritual and moral purity at all times! Of course, those proselytes did not serve in the inner courtyard, where the priests performed their duties. And members of the great crowd are not in the inner courtyard of Jehovah's great spiritual temple, which courtyard represents the condition of perfect, righteous human sonship of the members of Jehovah's "holy priesthood" while they are on earth. (1 Peter 2:5)
    Watchtower 2002 May 1 pp.30-31
    END QUOTE.

However, and I'm looking for some back up here if possible, I'm convinced that they stated at the 2008 DC that the Great Crowd are in the Court of the Gentiles.

Did anyone else spot this? Is this going to be 'new light'?

• freethinker2009
    freethinker2009

They definitly said they were in the outer courtyard, i can't remeber what talk it was though, he started quoting from a watchtower and read it straight off the watchtower disregarding what the scripture actually said. I could not believe it, all the people round me were nodding i know they have no idea about what is being taught. :( oh well.

FT

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

@dozy;
    What I thought was appalling about that talk was when Honeyman said "Phew, that was hard work!" after researching one small point in the book of Ezekiel. How to keep the R&F from doing any personal research; it's hard work!

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

What really makes me blow steam, is that in the NWT of Revelation, whenever naos occurs, it is rendered "Sanctuary" or "Temple [sanctuary]" - as the Revelation Anticlimax says this represents being in the very presence of God.

EXCEPT in Rev 7 where it is just translated "Temple".

If you look in the Inshight Book under "sanctuary", "most holy" whilst it cites the other scriptures where naos occurs, it deliberately OMITS those in Rev 7, as they know it undermines their 2 hope doctrine.

There is a good Catholic website that analyzes in detail how the Witchtower has deliberately misrepresented the meaning of this word when it suits them.

HB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit