If they really beleive we're near the end

by wha happened? 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Then why not pile on the resources rather than scale back.

Remember what they did in sincerity back in the 1st century?

*** Acts 4:32-37 ***

32 Moreover, the multitude of those who had believed had one heart and soul, and not even one would say that any of the things he possessed was his own; but they had all things in common. 33 Also, with great power the apostles continued giving forth the witness concerning the resurrection of the Lord Jesus; and undeserved kindness in large measure was upon them all. 34 In fact, there was not one in need among them; for all those who were possessors of fields or houses would sell them and bring the values of the things sold 35 and they would deposit them at the feet of the apostles. In turn distribution would be made to each one, just as he would have the need. 36 So Joseph, who was surnamed Bar´na·bas by the apostles, which means, when translated, Son of Comfort, a Levite, a native of Cy´prus, 37 possessing a piece of land, sold it and brought the money and deposited it at the feet of the apostles.

• Mandette
    Mandette

my confusion continues on this.......

very very good question.........I will try to ask that question tactfully to my Dad...

Mandette

• Pahpa
    Pahpa

This question is specially pertinent to the Wachtower organization itself. The great worldwide expansion work of constuction in the last few years begs an answer. Of course, Jehovah's Witnesses will try to justify this by saying it was necessary because of the preaching work. But they should consider the examples of the early Christians. There was no need for printing facilities and Bethel homes to preach the "good news of the kingdom." They did it by personal contact and word of mouth. Their meetings were conducted in the houses of their members. (No need for KIngdom Halls, Circuit Assembly Halls, etc.) Yet, their success rate was phenominal.

Jesus gave the best advice when he told the young rich man: "...sell what you have, give to the poor... come be my follower." I'm sure the Watchtower leaders would react in the same way as did that man: ",,,he went away sad, because he had great wealth."

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The answer would be something like "We have to be practical, The directors of The Society have to answer to the shareholders and things are not as simple as in the first century."

The truth is they know that they have expected the end every year since 1914 - still waiting....When hard cash is concerned they adopt a prudent approach and leave it the individual to sell his house and move to the wild woods and live on savings......

• uwishufish
    uwishufish

This whole scripture you quoted smells of COMMUNISM. "Each according to his abilities and each according to his needs".

This same account also reveals the apostles had the not only the power to raise the dead but to kill the living.

I believe Stalin would have lined them up and had them shot as he did the farmers who did not comply with communism.

Ability to show love, to those who wouldn't tow the party line, seemed to be the same among both Stalin and Peter.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

it's never boring here

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit