Reasons why I like JWD's forum software over others I've used

by DanTheMan 7 Replies latest jw friends

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

1. 2 clicks to see my post history

2. 1 click to see active topics by post. I love this feature, and I've never seen another forum that has it.

3. Thread view, and the ability to respond directly to a post within a thread. These two features are so helpful in that they allow you to see the "threads within the thread", which often occur during heated/long discussions. So much better than going through 5 pages of posts to see if anybody responded to something I wrote.

4. Profile box and Options always visible (ties into 1 above).

I think it is the above features of this forum that make it so user friendly and easy to navigate and view, and are probably significant reasons why this forum has been as successful as it has been. Simon, ya did a bang up job mate.

• oompa
    oompa

ditto here...simple and smart rules!!!.............oompa

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

JW SUPPORT FORUM ...

ACTIVE TOPICS on the new site: http://www.jwsupportforum.com/index.php?action=recent

2 clicks also for post history

• milliemootoo
    milliemootoo

I agree, I really like the active topics tab.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I really like the Active topics function here too but I do think it's a two edged sword. The reason being it mixes fluff threads in with serious ones and when attention seeking bozos see a really hot active thread they can't help but post on it to try and derail it, even when it's a serious discussion topic. When used by normal people it works great though.

• fokyc
    fokyc

Totally agree, I just liked everything about JWD, it just felt like home.

Perhaps it is because I am old, it's difficult to adjust to new things.

Anyway, I am not joining another forum; pity.

fokyc

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

"Anyway, I am not joining another forum; pity"

Never say never Fokyc. I would so miss your profile pic.

• Morgana
    Morgana

I too agree - JWD's forum software is excellent.

There are only two very minor suggestions I would propose:

1. I would prefer to have the order of posts within a thread reversed, i.e., the newest/latest on top on page 1.

2. It often happens to me when responding that I quickly start typing and after a few letters the cursor (together with typed text) jumps into the "Subject" field and I wonder what has happened.

(But these are minor issues and it is not difficult to get used to the way it is.)

Thanks for all your great efforts!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit