Question about downloading music to an MP3 player

by juni 4 Replies latest jw friends

• juni
    juni

Can I download music from iTunes to a Sansa Clip MP3? Is the "format" compatible? The file is there, but not showing in the player.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

iTunes music is in a different format. What you would need to do is burn the files to a music CD, then rip the files as mp3s (or convert to mp3), and then upload to your mp3 player. Or you could play the files and re-record them to mp3 format with a program like Any Sound Recorder. Or, the best option, is download a AAC > mp3 conversion program and convert directly.

• juni
    juni

Thank you Leolaia for your help. Perhaps I should quit being so cheap and hook up w/Rhapsody or Napster.

Juni

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

Juni - I have the Sansa Clip - isn't it great! I love the thing. I HATE iTUNES! I only use it for getting Podcasts which come down as MP3 so you can just copy them over.

But yes, rather than pay iTunes $1 for a format you can't use directly, pay another service a tad less that lets you get the music in MP3 format.

• juni
    juni

Hi unconfused... yes I do enjoy it very much. I love music! Have a great week!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit