Has anyone rejoined & gone undercover to rescue a family member?

by hopie 7 Replies latest jw friends

• hopie
    hopie

I rejoined, and went undercover in 1993, after losing my daughter for 10 years because of their shunning policy.

It took 2 years to deprogramme her, but I was successful, along with exposing her elder husband as a child molester.

She lives within 5 miles of me now, and we are enjoying our time together as never before. I wrote a book about my experience, if you are interested in reading it, PM me, and I'll send you the Amazon link.

If you had a simular experience, I would love hearing about it.

I would like to add a big (thank you) to Simon, I'll miss your board.

Hopie

• Gregor
    Gregor

Not exactly but I did try to get reinstated once because my Grandparents were getting near the end of their life and I wanted to be able to see them. It was a feeble attempt and I got shot down on my first meeting with the elders. They saw right through me. That was that.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

for others interested: google "Steve Hassan"

• hopie
    hopie

Gregor....I am so sorry to hear that your attempt was not successful, I know how painful that must have been for you. I think the GB is on to anyone trying to do this now.

What-A-Coincidence.....Thank you for calling attention to Steve Hassan's book, an excellent read, and I referred to him in my book.

Hopie

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Hi Hopie -

I have such a full plate right and know that I will lose the link so rather than pm'g you, I decided post a public reply.

Would you consider posting the name of your book in this thread?

With JWD closing in a few months, the info would then be available much longer.

-Aude.

• avishai
    avishai

No, but I kissed ass and pretended I "still believed but did'nt want to go to meetings because I was stumbled" to get my mom and bro's out. It worked.

• LisaAnn
    LisaAnn

Congrats Avishai! And to everyone who has sacrificed for their loved ones. It's not easy to sit there listening to the crap, and I don't blame anyone for not doing it. I did it for 14 years, and by my patience my eldest is out and we're great friends. My youngest is still up in the air, but I knew that if I broke away publicly it would start a war with my husband and he could brand me the heretic that I am- then none of my kids would hardly speak to me. It was a choice- still not sure it was the right one 'cause I have suffered so much as the meetings and 'friends' slowly ate away at my personal being. But hey, we'd give our lives for our kids, I can do this.

• yknot
    yknot

Well I don't discount it.......

I am out but still very 'involved'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit