If you are thinking of counselling and unsure ..try it!

by dobbie 0 Replies latest watchtower medical

• dobbie
    dobbie

May seem a strange topic but i know (myself included) that sometimes we feel like we have no one to openly talk to, we are full of anger, hate, sadness etc at how we have/are being treated by loved ones, until the pain gets too much. There may come a point that you think about getting professional help but are unsure maybe because of not knowing what to expect, that it might make you worse not better, that you couldn't talk to a stranger etc. Just wanted to let you know my hubbys experience so far. The anger and hurt he had been feeling at our treatment by friends and family got to such a point that he just couldn't function anymore, all he did was shout at home andsit looking at the wall, at work it got so bad he failed important tests and was in danger of being removed from his safety critical position, he shook constantly and couldn't sleep, stopped laughing and was not the man i knew.

I persuaded him to see his dr who, after signing him off work for his depression, (off for four months in all) and putting him on anti depressants, after a while he sent him to the counsellor. Although he didn't want to go and was really nervous he was so glad he went, she spoke to him of all aspects of his life, didn't ask any awkward or embarrassing questions but whatever he spoke about gave him a different way of looking at these things. He has been 6 times now and hopefully won't need to go anymore but it has helped him so much as he would not burdenme with his feelings (daft i know!) and it has proved a much needed outlet for his feelings and he says it really helps tospeak to someone unbiased and inconnected with it all. He is nearly back to normal and is being daft again like he used to be.

Yes the problems still there, but he has accepted things much better now and can shrug his shoulders at them. Just wanted to say it really is worth a shot, it may not be right for everyone but you won't know unless you try so if you are thinking about it and wondering please go for it! x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit