Those into WT history and older documents--where now?

by cabasilas 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

With the upcoming closure of this board comes this question:

Where will those who are into WT history and older documents go? I, personally, would prefer to only have to check one board as my time is quite limited. And I realize this is not the subject that appeals to many people here. Still, it's an interest of mine and a few others.

Any suggestions where to go?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

These scans need a permanent non-forum-related home where they can be gathered and organised.

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

I have a website, www.watchtowerdocuments.com where I've been placing old Watchtower documents and books. I think there's over 100 publications there now that can be downloaded for free. Atlantis and others have been supplying me (including Cabasilas) with the material. Plus, I gave them some literature which they scanned and converted to pdf format for me. I plan on putting another twenty items on my website in a few days. My intention is not to put recent Watch Tower publications because of copyright issues. However, as far as older WT literature, my website is available to be the repository for all historical material people want to donate. Please e-mail me using webmaster on my website if you want to offer me some material for the website or PM me here on JWD soon.

Also, I will be offering Watchtower material that has never been available before on the Internet as e-documents and will ask a small fee to offset the cost of running my expensive LLC and website. This material will be downloaded from Lulu. Some of the material will be hundreds of pages which I've compiled and will soon upload to Lulu. And three items are over 100 years old. Please check Watch Tower Documents, LLC often and I think you will be in for some surprises when you see what will be there in the future.

Barbara

• JW_Researcher
    JW_Researcher

I agree there should be some attempt at organization.

I am able to help support a new, permanent home.

Re-examine.org was great. In the end, though, there were problems...not certain exactly what.

Perhaps the best solution is what we currently have....posting links to fileshare sights as needed and when needed?

Will support whatever is decided.

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

May I humbly suggest JWS at: http://jwsupportforum.ulmb.com/index.php

Try it, you might like it!

RD

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

www.watchtowerwiki.org/downloads The rest of the site is ready to go although the front page needs some work.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

For what it's worth.

I was going to build something like this a little while back and came across an excellent tool.

There is a CMS (content management system) called joomla. It is software that manages your entire website. There is a plug-in called "docman" that is amazing at organizing downloads into categories, as well as allowing users to upload their own files (which are then either approved or denied by the moderator). I was getting pretty far with it but because of time restrictions could not finish.

If somebody has a web server were they would like me to set this up I would be more than happy to do so. It works very well and is easy to manage.

• JW_Researcher
    JW_Researcher
    www.watchtowerwiki.org/downloads
    If somebody has a web server were they would like me to set this up...

I think a big problem with permanent server(s) is copyright issues.

Re-Examine was, I think, located in another country.

The "file hosting as needed" approach is less than desirable as the links expire, etc.

However, it does offer distance from the poster and any copyright issues.

• jaydee
    jaydee

Love the pdf's that have been made available here, maybe we can still share them http://www.jwsupportforum.com seems to be a few old faces there.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

If you have a discussion board on your website I would suggest you check bandwidth that is allowed. That might seriously hamper what you can use.

For copyright reasons just be aware that the WTS will hunt you down and force your site to close. They've done it before. They will try again.

Barb's site is an excellent idea. It keeps all the data in one spot

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit