A life of fear

by BonaFide 8 Replies latest jw friends

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

When I was a little boy, I feared the elders. Older sisters also told me what to do, as my father not a Witness. When I was appointed a servant, I feared the elders more, even though I was very obedient. Then when I was a missionary and a C.O, I feared the Branch Office. Actually all of us did. We could be removed at any time and we knew it, even if we made an honest judgment mistake. I remember the D.O. being removed for investing in a pyramid scheme, he was pretty naive, but still he was removed and everyone talked about it.

Six months later he was reappointed as an elder, and then about two years later, back as a C.O. Things are different in other countries, you can be deleted or disfellowshipped quickly, but you are also more likely to be re-appointed way faster than in the U.S.

But when I was a C.O., I tried not to be intimidating, even though I was the only foreigner in the entire circuit sometimes. Occasionally there was a need-greater from the States, that was fun. It seemed though, that the elders were still afraid of me somehow.

The fear is going away, at my last elders' meeting I wasn't as nervous as I thought. Their grilling me didn't work to scare me like it would have years ago.

I sure hope this site doesn't shut down. It really is helping me, and I have like 500 people I want to come on here.

BF

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

This is all thank to the people on here, none of whom I have met, actually, maybe I have met some of you. I so wish I could see who I know.

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

What you just did was identify yourself to your enemies, as well.

"Evil lurks."

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

Oh, no, you are right. How do I delete this thread?

Now I am afraid I gave away too much info.

BF

• AnneB
    AnneB

What was the rest of that experience? How does the story end? I haven't heard this tale before!

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

The guy kept pointing the gun at me, then I told him I had to meet some friends, it wa 10 am on a Saturday morning. He put his gun away, then he sort of walked away. I ran up to the group and they asked me why I was so pale.

Why was I alone? In that country we did magazine work on Saturday alone to place more.

BF

• AnneB
    AnneB

Thanks! I just love a happy ending!

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    Bonafide wrote: Now I am afraid I gave away too much info.

Better act quick. You can edit your own posts for something like just 30 minutes after you submit them.

The clock is ticking.

At the title of your post, hover your cursor over the title. A little dropdown menu will appear. Select the option 'Edit'. Delete what you need to and click the submit button.

-Aude.

• JK666
    JK666

BF,

You are cool, just being honest.

JK

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit