Maybe.....

by kerj2leev 4 Replies latest jw friends

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev

the end of JWD is a good thing?

It may be just what is needed for us to move on and grow in the real world! This is a great opportunity to be able to do that.

In reading some of the response to the shutting down of the site. It scares me to think some have traded one cult for another.

I wouldn't worry too much....this site isn't going to be shut down.

• megs
    megs

For some, perhaps it is a good thing... However, there are still many tens of thousands of JW's questioning the organization... This site gives them the opportunity to talk to people who have gone through it, ask questions, get answers, and receive support as they venture out into the world outside of the WTS. I had hoped this site would always be here, so that when/if my JW friend ever sees that the WTS does not have the truth, he would have a safe haven to ask questions, learn more, and begin the recovery process. I think it's a shame... Overwhelmingly, it seems that people have been helped through this forum, and there is still the potential for it to help others... Every day someone is questioning the "borg", everyday someone new finds this site and sees they are not alone in the world.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

ya know it seemed like there was a momentum with newbies. I'd hate to see that curtailed

• SurfsUp
    SurfsUp

I am one of the newbies that really hates to see this site shut down. I was hoping to get to know some of you better.

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev

There is plenty of information on the internet that exposes the "truth". This is more of a social club then an information site.

I'm not saying that it hasn't help or won't help, but it also can be a deterent for some in their growth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit