Jealousy and paranoia

by LovesDubs 2 Replies latest jw experiences

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

My kids are all up north visiting family and are staying with JWs there who are closer to my kids than some of their own relatives. My kids are in fact named after them. So I get a text yesterday from my daughter that says "guess who is here!" and Im like ok...who? "A.D!!" I hesitated for a second...my heart beating faster.... "My KONA???" I wrote. She was like your what?? "I said thats her nick name." "Yes she's here! its her! We havent seen her in over 9 years!" Kona and her husband and my husband and I were inseparable and got married close together, had our kids at the same time, took vacations together, saw each other like 6 times a week..you know how is it. Or....was.

And I was soooooo sad at that moment, like couldnt even breathe sad. And there was this jealousy that they all still get to see each other and talk and laugh...and Im on the outside now, the villain. And I wonder what is said about me, and to my kids about me and Im paranoid about that. And I miss some of those people who used to be my friends, and Im sure they miss me too. What a waste. What a travesty done in Gods name. :*(

I wrote back to her..."This damn religion. :*("

She says..."I know momma...but you still have me and I love you and I wont EVER leave you!"

I replied..."And that, my love, is ALL that I need."

She wrote back...."scoooooooooore!" :)

Bless her heart...she snapped me back out of the depths I fell into there and back into reality and to the things that really matter. But it made me realize that I have been gone 11 years now and time doesnt heal anything and you dont ever really forget or stop loving them.

LD

• Mandette
    Mandette

LovesDubs

I know in a way how you feel........while I was bored to tears at conventions I still had a good time hanging with my Dad. And when the summers roll around I feel that "loss". I'm still extremely close to him but there are places I can't go anymore. Does that make sense? And when they studied with someone who called them "mom and dad" I wanted to rip the woman's throat out(figuratively of course) and tell her they aren't YOUR parents. They're MINE!

I have one little consolation though. My best friend from childhood was the only one my Dad would allow to hug him. That hasn't changed! And I wasn't jealous of her. But I was territorial of everyone else near my parents. Isn't that silly?

I'm so glad you have your daughter! When one door closes another one stays WIDE open!!

Mandette

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I know what you mean. However, it doesn't hurt as much as time goes on. But now and then I'd like to know what's happening with the people I used to know, and I wonder if they ever think about me or if they just erased me from their minds completely.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit