Are We Not Made In The Image of God?

by XxJazzxX 6 Replies latest watchtower bible

• XxJazzxX
    XxJazzxX

This is a typical question I often hear when JWs debate on Christ's Divinity(Phillipians 2:5-7). Is is me or when they say this it sounds as if they put Us(imperfect, human beings) in the same catagory with the Messiah(Jesus)?

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Are We Not Made In The Image of God? Have we not made God in our Image? Would be a better question.

• Satanus
    Satanus

They mouth that, but then basically explain it away. We're imperfect, you see, and sinful to the core. Nothing of god's image there.

S

• oompa
    oompa

Those among us who are murdering, demanding, controling and judgemental are evidentally...........oompa

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

JW's teach that man is the image of God, but woman is merely the image of man, not of God, i.e. an image of an image. In this teaching, just as man cannot be equal to God, neither can woman be equal to man.

• FreudianSlip
    FreudianSlip

Since "god" is most likely a product of human creativity, it makes sense that we would be similar.

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr

We are put in the same category of 'created beings' opposed to the single-member category of 'uncreated being', JHWH.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit