cut and paste from a Yahoo witness group

by booby 7 Replies latest jw friends

• booby
    booby

Notice the admonition to follow the FDS. You might think they would have said to follow the biblical counsel, but oh no, it's follow the counsel of the FDS. The cut and paste follows.

(Just a side note on the last comment. I know of a brother that was inspired to accept a bible study because a brother decided to respond with kindness when the householder was very mean and insulting.
    After he demanded the brother to get off his porch he stopped the brother and invited him back. He apologized and told the brother he was looking for someone who really demonstrated the fruitages of God's "personality". He said he felt anyone who's religion taught them to return kindness for evil must be sticking to the Bible.

Remember, you NEVER KNOW who is watching or who you are talking to. Follow the counsel of the FDS and you will never go wrong.)

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

Check out what the Bible says about "usurping" :-)

Sure the Slave says it, but I think Jesus beat them by a couple thousand days. (Dayse equal years except when the statue is made of different metals, then they equal seven years. I think the FDS said that too!)

So can Jesus get them for a copy-right violation the same way they took down the original "Quotes" site?

• blondie
    blondie

Where is the cut and paste?

• amama2six
    amama2six

It's the part between the parenthesis ().

• amama2six
    amama2six

(Just a side note on the last comment. I know of a brother that was inspired to accept a bible study because a brother decided to respond with kindness when the householder was very mean and insulting. After he demanded the brother to get off his porch he stopped the brother and invited him back. He apologized and told the brother he was looking for someone who really demonstrated the fruitages of God's "personality". He said he felt anyone who's religion taught them to return kindness for evil must be sticking to the Bible. Remember, you NEVER KNOW who is watching or who you are talking to. Follow the counsel of the FDS and you will never go wrong.)

What a load of CRAP. I'm what I guess you'd call "agnostic"...in the middle with regard to whether there is a God or not...and I myself practice the "kill them with kindness" technique when dealing with people who are mean/insulting. Does that mean this guy would have become agnostic had I stopped at his door to push my beliefs on him and met his meanness with kindness? And I love how it's the FDS's counsel that matters, not the Bible, with these people. Eyeopener!

• gloobster
    gloobster

Well, honestly, the Bible is just kind of extra reading material when you have time, right? You shouldn't ever let anyone distract you from what is really important, the WTS publications.

• amama2six
    amama2six

Yeah, the FDS already read and interpreted the Bible FOR you, so why bother?

• independent_tre
    independent_tre

What is so sad is that many, including myself up until a few months ago, would never discern that its wrong for an organization to assert itself as divine counsel to follow, not even mentioning the Bible. Whats great is that so many are finally waking up to this sort of nonsense.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit