How I made a WITNESS break the spell he was under, a least temporarily

by What-A-Coincidence 6 Replies latest jw friends

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

After telling him my fam. and I left, I explained to him about the pedophiles, UN etc.

like clockwork ... "the society is imperfect" "new light" bla bla

I said, 'WE ARE TOLD TO REPEAT THOSE LINES, AND YOU MY FRIEND HAVE DONE A GREAT JOB" ... you should have seen his face ... PRICELESS

I left him saying, Goggle "United Nations and Watchtower" have a good day.

Mind you, this guy is tight with the ELDER who gave me bible studies

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

Good job.

Make sure they realize you are pointing to things the Society's representatives signed -- UN membership (WHATEVER category!), pedophile victim payoffs court documents, etc.

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

I think if this comes up in one of my conversations, I'll say that being able to use the excuse "new light" and "imperfect men" to excuse all kinds of errors in teaching pretty much makes the concept of having the "truth" meaningless. You could apply those talking points to any church. The truth is the truth, it is unchanging, set in stone. "New light" means that you go from saying "I don't know" to "this is why." It is not an excuse to change doctrines and reverse back to them. If you can do that, you can pretty much say anything and claim you're the "truth."

• Beta Male
    Beta Male

you snapped him a little. good. now do it again.

• flipper
    flipper

WAC- Good job of making this witness think. Hopefully he will think about it and you will get another opportunity soon with him. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• KungFu
    KungFu

Yeah. There's a difference between progressive understanding of truths and contradiction. Progressive understanding doesn't negate what's already been learned. Kind of like mathmatics. Learning multiplication or division doesn't negate addition and subtraction. It's ADDITIONAL understanding that doesn't contradict itself. "New Light" as they call it is usually nothing but a contradiction of what they said before.....

Just out of curiosity, I've noticed that there are a lot of people that spend lots of time contradicting and debunking JWs...and that's all well and good. Don't become too consumed with it though. What I'm saying is that it's also a good idea to build something new and positive. That has nothing to do with proving anyone wrong but more about creating what you want and things that build people up. Otherwise what will happen, is for those who become too consumed with the negative, you might find yourself in a miserable position. What I mean is that there's so much good and great things in this world. So many possibilities. There's a lot of things to do and be and discover.

• yesidid
    yesidid
    if this comes up in one of my conversations, I'll say that being able to use the excuse "new light" and "imperfect men" to excuse all kinds of errors in teaching pretty much makes the concept of having the "truth" meaningless. You could apply those talking points to any church. The truth is the truth, it is unchanging, set in stone. "New light" means that you go from saying "I don't know" to "this is why." It is not an excuse to change doctrines and reverse back to them. If you can do that, you can pretty much say anything and claim you're the "truth."

B-Deserter

That, my friend, was brilliant, simply brilliant.

yesidid

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit