How is the organization organized?

by insearchoftruth 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Am trying to figure out the structure of the organization, what do terms like CO, DO, Elder, Pioneer, Aux Pioneer etc mean?

Which of these positions are open to men....to women....are some of the positions earned by levels of service or are they appointed. What are the perks associated with the positions?

• yknot
    yknot

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organizational_structure_of_Jehovah%27s_Witnesses

Branch Manual

Theocratese online dictionary.... http://oroborus21.com/jwnet/theocratese/index.html

Read through these above and let me know if there is anything that needs further clarification!

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

The wiki article looks pretty good, thanks ynot!

• Honesty
    Honesty

In a nutshell:

The 'Faithful Slave' is in charge.

The 'Faithful Slave' is represented on earth by the Gubnin' Body of Jehovah's Witnesses.

They make all the rules.

JW's then follow all the rules they make.

See how sweet and simple God does stuff.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

To work your way up the ladder you have to be a.....

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

You will find my detailed analysis of the organization's structure at:

http://au.geocities.com/doug_mason1940/FDS_and_its_GB.pdf

One thing I did not discuss is the characteristics of a totalitarian dictatorship. Could be something that someone could address.

Doug
    Melbourne

• garybuss
    garybuss

The Watch Tower is a business corporation and is structured and operates exactly like the business corporation that it is. The business started out as a printed material publishing company. The Bible Students were the readers (customers) of the company.

After Pastor Russell's death in 1916, an attorney named Rutherford, and some enterprising insiders stole the company and changed it's focus to politics.

After Rutherford and the corporation directors were released from Federal prison, the readers were en-mass turned into unpaid literature distributors. In 1931 the sales people were named Jehovah's Witnesses.

The business is very clever. It looks like a multi level marketing business when it's laid out on paper. The structure was modeled after the military. Groups were called "companies", covert (dishonest) activities are called "theocratic warfare", and lower rank members are called "rank and file".

The Witnesses no longer do direct sales, but literature distribution is still their basic purpose. The structure directly above the Witness congregation is run by Watch Tower paid people. That structure looks like any other sales and marketing business. The snap-shot profile fits any pyramid model, from the Catholic Church, to Ford Motor Company, to the United States Federal Government.

The Watch Tower company is currently in upheaval and has been systematically restructuring itself since about 1990. The biggest change occurred in 2000 when the branch and zone took over management of United States operations.

• Texman55
    Texman55

You said it so well, Gary.

It's a business. It's a cult.

*ding* just occurs to me, it's a "business cult".....kiss me, I just invented a new term! lol

but seriously.....it's evil (the business, not all the people). and its an empire.

wait a minute.....

*ding* hey, its an "evil empire"!

what, no points for the second new term? it's already been used?? well dang..........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit