Whats the latest on the blood doctrine?

by greenhornet 4 Replies latest watchtower medical

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

One quick question? Can JWs store there blood for an operation? And if they need a blood transfusion can they have there own stored blood? I know this was a big no no a while back. But I know they change there rules every 10 years or so, so thats why am asking what the rules are as of Aug. 2008? Thanks

• yknot
    yknot

NO....

Once blood leaves your body and is no longer in circulation......it is a transfusion to put it back into you....

Which is why IVs should be banned.......and the key to getting JWs to accept blood in emergencies where bloodless is not an option.

• Domina
    Domina

Someone gave this illustration, and it meant alot to me. Please someone tell me how to fix my formatting, so I do not end up with a big paragraph grrr
    Anyway...She said this:

"Remember when I couldn’t eat birthday-cake...because that was participating in the birthday celebration??"

-yes

"What if I took the birthday candles off? Could I then eat it?"

-No, it would still be b-day cake.....

"OK....what if I scrapped all the frosting off, especially the parts that had the birthday lettering on it? Then could I eat it???"

-No...it would still be a cake made specifically for that birthday and you would be celebrating it regardless of how you changed the cake, it’s still a birthday cake....

"So why then, couldn’t I eat the cake, no matter how much I altered it to make it not a "birthday cake" and you can pick apart the building blocks of blood, and somehow that’s not the same as a blood transfusion when you accept it into your body...isn’t that NOT abstaining from blood, as you’re still taking parts of it to justify using it, but not admitting you really are?"

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

Very good Domina, Thanks Y not

• megawatt
    megawatt

And to think I felt I was being selfish for thinking those stupid rules "didn't make no SENSE" back in the day as an active JW. I was a mentally prepared to give up my life for what was taught and believed as the truth. ASSHOLES...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit