Is it just me?

by tryingtounderstandjws 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tryingtounderstandjws
    tryingtounderstandjws

Or does this seem a little hypocritical of the JW organization?

Page 25 Of the Elder Manual

"In case of natural disaster . . . " "Check to see what government aid may be available"

This statement comes from an organization that won't salute the flag, vote, or defend freedom, but has the nerve to seek assistance from that same government?

I've read a lot about the lack of education in the JW organization which causes an economic challenge to its members in their personal lives. Considering the attitude towards government aid, are there many JW's that use or participate in the Welfare system, Food Stamps or other government support programs?

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

What about jehober's government????

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

are there many JW's that use or participate in the Welfare system, Food Stamps or other government support programs? I don't know how many do, but the jws I've known don't hestiate to work the system. Their anti-government stance ends when it comes to getting something for nothing.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    Considering the attitude towards government aid, are there many JW's that use of participate in the Welfare system, Food Stamps or other government support programs?

Absolutely. Government assistance helps many to pioneer.

-Aude.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I remembered in the Spanish congregation, government assistance paid the way for many a pioneer. I had trouble keeping employees because of this. One brother who was serving at the time told me how he just needs to work 18 months. Then he can quit and take advantage of all the government assistance. He then pioneers and his family is taken care of. I offered to pay him more so I would have to re-train someone but he never returned the call.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They are called parasites. They usurp a living off Welfare, but contribute no value. And they are not disabled people or those who are legitimately trying to seek work but are unable for reasons beyond their reasonable control.

They need to go.

• freeme
    freeme

i think they say its okay to get this help, because jws pay taxes, would work for the government and accept the governments authority as long as its not in direct opposition to the bibles law (i.e. killing).

at least thats what i heard as an excuse when it comes to the NGO affair (which is just getting "help" from a governmental organisation).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit