UN issue

by Newborn 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Newborn
    Newborn

Hi All, I would be grateful if you can enlighten me about the UN issues, which I know very little about and which was the reason for Diva and many others to leave the org.

Btw Diva, welcome to you and your husband! Best of luck and much happiness!!

I was recently in Geneva and apparantely many brothers and sisters works for the UN there but they say it's only for daughter companies of UN and that's okay. I was very surprised by that. Does the GB approve of that, I wonder?

Thanks for your help.

/Newborn

• yknot
    yknot

The WTS was a NGO for the UN for about 10 years.

During this time they agreed to support the charters of the UN and to pass along UN propaganda in their magazines. The requirement to do so was confirmed yearly to keep the NGO status....

During the association the WTS attended international confrenses on the UN's dime, cited the UN in international court cases, and an airplane to Africa.....

When the association was broken by a British newspaper the WTS resigned and said it was only for a library card......

Which is a half-truth, in reality some GB members no longer viewed the UN as the Beast and saw it as another way to expand....unfortunately they didn't happen to change the doctrine to fit such a theological change....(still haven't).

So now the WTS is resigned, but still participating in smaller off shoot UN programs on the sly and back to it's bashing of the UN as the Beast of Revelation.

On an interesting note by their very actions the WTS DAd itself from the WTS!

Another inaccuracy is that such an association according to WTS theology equates being 'marked' by the Beast, to which there is no 'unmarking' found within the book of Revelation......so they are marked and no different from the RCC.

But of course the library card was bought by sheeple near and far, to question beyond this results in DFing for causing divsions.

• Amha·’aret
    Amha·’aret

The UN thing was the beginning of the end for me. There's a letter about it on the UN's website if you want info from the official source.

• Amha·’aret
    Amha·’aret

During the association the WTS attended international confrenses on the UN's dime, cited the UN in international court cases, and an airplane to Africa.....

Do you have more info about these things? Some of this is new to me.

So now the WTS is resigned, but still participating in smaller off shoot UN programs on the sly and back to it's bashing of the UN as the Beast of Revelation. Again, can you say more about this? With all this hypocrisy, how can anyone stay in it!?

• Amha·’aret
    Amha·’aret

Sorry, the fomatting didn't work in my last post. I must download an editor for firefox rather than relying on manual html tags.

• changeling
    changeling

Check out the "best of" section on this site for more info on the UN issue.

FYI, it was the issue that drove me away from the WT. We wrote a letter to the Society about it. They did not deny the afiiliation but did attempt to justify it. One of their justifications: "many brothers and sisters work for the UN".

changeling :)

• Amha·’aret
    Amha·’aret

I'll check it out. Thanks Changling!

• yknot
    yknot

UN Agenda 21 from June 2008 http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/159534/1.ashx

Kent's old thread on UN.... http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/14919/1.ashx

Use the JWD search option by year for UN.

Best to check out http://www.randytv.com/ too!

• Amha·’aret
    Amha·’aret

Thanks for the links yknot. I've read most of the older stuff but that thread from last month was interesting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit