Stuff I have read here that I liked and kept:

by Cheetos 0 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Cheetos
    Cheetos

"Not to know is bad. Not to want to know is worse. Not to hope is unthinkable. Not to care is unforgivable." - Nigerian saying.

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

Theologically speaking, Jehovah’s Witnesses are a family hurtful cult of Christianity. The oppressive organization does not represent logical historical facts, sociologically; it is a destructive cult whose false teachings frequently result in spiritual and psychological abuse, as well as needless deaths.

I understand the dictionary definition of an "apostate" and I suppose that definition fits me. However, I have my own definition, which makes me more comfortable as it does not fit me. I (and it is my opinion that is important to me not one that benefits a religious organization) one should in all seriousness apply the term apostate to those that have knowingly bent and twisted the word of the God in the Bible to their own advantage. Using my definition makes the WTS an apostate organization (one of many). I don't like apostates and this means that I don't like the WTS the word draconian fits how they deal with their baptized members under the pretense of love.

I never did enjoy being judgmental namely the (Governing Body) rules are supreme - elder, pioneer, ms, co, do, governing body, weak, strong, active, inactive, in the truth, worldly, pagan, on and on. Every label gave you a mental picture of how to treat, love, hate, ignore and or otherwise judge the person on the receiving end of that label. Apostate is a simple term - it means to leave basically, - but they have made us a mental image of 'evil slave'.

Hard to get over those mental pictures for most I think -

By the way I am a real 'apostate' - a good one - most witnesses would like to be as good as a lot of 'apostates' but if you think about it don’t the watchtower Society’s 'label' everything? If it was really part of the "New Light," that god miraculously sent to them somehow if it would have been right in the first place, and would not need updating. From time to time. So what is current light now may very well be old light next year, and at times it has. Why would Jehovah give them the wrong understanding to begin with? If they are god’s spirit directed organization that Christ has chosen to use during this time period?

"I think a full, free talk is frequently of great use; we want nothing secret nor
    underhanded, and I for one want no association with things that cannot
    be talked about and will not bear investigation."
    Mormon President John Taylor, Journal of Discourses, vol. 20, p. 264.

{Ask yourself, does the governing body of Jehovah’s Witnesses desire their members to - think apart from what they want them to think, - they call it running ahead" and independent thinking" again they attempt to brand you with labels to if it will make you feel unworthy then they can control you, this is starting to taste a little like Cool Aid to me and I see Lemmings running over the cliff.} I am an American here in America we still have free thought and speech, I am not a number I am a free man.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit