Anyone else see "My shocking story" on TLC tonight?

by fern 4 Replies latest jw friends

• fern
    fern

TLC had a program on called "My shocking story". It was about this man who had elephant man disease and his face was horribly disfigured. He wanted and needed to have surgery but the Docs said it couldn't be done without a blood transfusion. Guess what? He was a Jehovah's Witness and refused to have the surgery. His non JW sister was with him and very upset and disgusted with him over it. She said something about all his life his mother has told him no no no. Sound familiar? She finally told him she was all done helping him and taking him to the Docs since he won't help himself. I didn't get to see the end so I don't know what happened. Hopefully he changed his mind.

Fern

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I'm watching it right now . The Doctors are going to try taking a little off at a time so he doesn't bleed so much . They are going to try and give him more breathing room .

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

He seems stubborn but very childlike in maturity .

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Just flipped it on....what people must go through is so disheartening to see..

h40

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Saw one two weeks ago about this guy with tumors and his hands and feet were like tree branches never got to

know if the interenal med. the doctor was working on was given to him or if it worked. I hate a 2 part thing. You never get

to see it. He was so depressed, I just kept hoping he would hear good news.

h40

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit