poem from an abused child "my hero or beast"

by beerose 1 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• beerose
    beerose

Where is that hero,that I used to dream about?He would come and take me away from the beast,that is drowning me now! He's taking me deeper and deeper into the black water below the surface.I scream out from my heart,why?Why are you hurting me?Why do you want me dead? I didn't tell,I didn't tell! The water around me is getting darker and darker,I can't see,I'm afraid,I'm afraid to scream out!The water is so dark and dirty,yuk! I ask why,why are you killing me?What did I do for you to hate me so much?I was only 4 when it started,that I can remember anyway,I didn't understand why are you hurting me?Tell me please,what did I do that was so bad?I didn't tell,I didn't tell!Please stop,don't hurt me.My tiny toes hit the bottom of the creek.I close my eyes and find a peaceful place,so peaceful!And than the tug came.No let me be,I found my peace my heart would scream! But wait,could it be?Could this be my hero,that I used to dream about,that would take me away from the beast! He had me by the hair,pulling me up,up,up from the peaceful dark bed below.I see it getting brighter as we get closer and closer to the surface.I would wonder what my hero would look like,when he'd finally come and save me from this beast! Who would it be,I open my eyes to see my hero,NO,NO,NO this can't be! It's the beast,could it be, that he had heard my heart scream,that I had found my peace! BeeRose

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Powerful

Thanks for sharing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit