Remember being invited to a bethel room?

by knight 5 Replies latest jw friends

• knight
    knight

i started to reflect on it the other day how it was like,some great honor to go down there,and be jammed into this tiny space with maybe eight others and try to play cards or some board game. and try to be quiet at the same time.nice view of the city though. i used to think of all the people down there who spend so much on rent,or a mortgage to live down there and the bethelites basically live there for free.

• avengers
    avengers

How much are the bethel-buildings worth all together? Can someone make an estimate? When the WT goes down I would like my share. And I tell you it's not nothing.

• OhHappyDay
    OhHappyDay

Avengers,
    I think the real question here is not 'what are the buildings worth'? but rather 'to whom they belong'.
    When a congregation is dissolved the KH is donated automaticcaly to the WBTS, a branch office for example. What if the branch office is disslolved?
    I think the properties go over to WTBTS of NY. And what if that society is dissolved?
    There are other corporations.
    And what if those are dissolved, too?

I thing this is a very interesting issue and it would be great if some researchers could help here. It cant't be a secret what happens with the properties of a society if it comes to an end. It is written somewer, for sure.

I'd love to put my hands on it.

Any Suggestions??

Happy Day!!

• bj
    bj

OHD,

Very good questions. If nobody provide the answer, why don't you write to the WBTS. I would be happy to know more.

Joe

• joelbear
    joelbear

Promising paradise is big business.

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

Knight

the bethelites basically live there for free.
    No they don't. They work every day that they're there. In other words they contribute something for their room and board, even as you do for your own paycheck = room & board. Surely you don't think that the small allowance they receive pays for all the hard work they each do.

Yadirf,
    who can just hear 'em all now, saying:
    "Yeah, and that's another thing ...."

Daniel 11:35 ... a prophecy that must be fulfilled before the "time of the end" gets underway.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit