My latest study on "blood"

by Doug Mason 7 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

My latest study on the Governing Body’s stance on the medical use of blood is available at:

http://au.geocities.com/doug_mason1940/Blood_and_the_Sacredness_of_Life.pdf

Doug

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

The link says it is temporarily unavailable. Will try again later.

Looking forward to seeing what you have done. I recently sent my sister a lot of info on blood. This will probably be something else good to send her.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Thank you, Doug. This is excellent.

• yesidid
    yesidid

Thanks mate, great stuff.

yesidid

• Guest39
    Guest39

A good study; only one minor issue. You may want to make it clearer at the beginning that you are using the Hebrew word for blood in your illustrations/graphs. It wasn't until a page or two later that I realized that fact - I thought you had missed spelled the word, using the spelling for a construction to hold back water instead of the four-letter condemnation word.

• moshe
    moshe

Thanks Doug.

pg 130 in the WT book ,"What does the Bible really teach", bases their entire blood transfusion dogma on this one flimsy example- if a doctor told you to abstain from alcoholic beverages, could you instead inject it into your veins? Well the same they say, applies to the command to abstain from blood.

I always turn that around to a JW and ask them- "will a blood transfusion save the life of a starving man? Of course that catches them off base and they finally have to admit "No" to that one-I follow up with, "So, then a blood transfusion is not the same thing as eating blood?" By the time I get done with them they are very upset with me and just wave me off with a "you don't understand" as they beat a quick retreat. Not one JW has ever been able to explain or defend their blood fractions chart and how that squares up with abstaining from blood. In reality the GB members and their families have gotten older and have needed these medical blood intervention treatments and this is just new light to them in an effort to keep their 1914 generation alive.

That sad thing is how cowed the JW community is by the GB leadeship about this whole blood issue.

• still_in74
    still_in74
    In reality the GB members and their families have gotten older and have needed these medical blood intervention treatments and this is just new light to them in an effort to keep their 1914 generation alive

wow i never thought of that!

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

Thank you all for your encouragement.

I tried to indicate that the word "dam" is the Hebrew for "blood" by using italics. I will take your thoughts on board and see if I can include the Hebrew characters in the text and in the diagrams.

If I do that, I will address the Greek "aima" word also. Please give me just a little time to work on it, to see what I can do.

I had the thought of passing the English text through my computer's Spanish translation program. It should not be too difficult a task but I am held back with concern at the accuracy and the grammar of Spanish produced by a computer. I have no personal skill with Spanish. Any thoughts?

Doug
    Melbourne

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit