Were the 'Annointed' ones the biggest dolts in the KH???

by navytownroger 1 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• navytownroger
    navytownroger

In my former KH, there was one 'annointed' elder & man, was he a robotic idiot!! He gave the Memorial talk, to which 'everyone' was invted via a big tract-placing effort. His talk was pure boredom, with lots of page-flipping through the Bible. How was a 'worldly' invitee supposed to follow all this? There was NO effort to gear the talk toward the new people who were invited. (Hardly any new ones showed up anyway) In another talk, this same moron said JWs sholdn't be spending time with non-JW relatives. Another time he warned the congregation to be careful of 'bad influences' in the KH. Is it just me, or are the so-called annoited ones the biggest dumb-asses in the congregation??? If they are going to 'rule over' Paradise Earth, I want NO part of it!!!

• blondie
    blondie

Actually it is important to remember that all members (or most) up until 1935 were anointed. There were the same demographics you see in jw congregations now; young, middle-aged, older, families, couples without children, single people. It is just that now most jws that say they are anointed are older, ill, with early or deeper stages of alzheimer and dementia. As a younger person, I grew up around quite a few of the old-time anointed jws, and they weren't any more dolts than the non-anointed jws today.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit