Abraham to soon speak to world via radio: 1926 Golden Age

by cabasilas 5 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

Just came across this interesting gem on this site:

http://www.seanet.com/~raines/intro.html

50. The Golden Age, Oct. 6, 1926 said that Abraham would soon speak to the world via radio.

Anyone have this issue? I'd love to see the entire quote.

• jaydee
    jaydee

I'll second that .

• Texman55
    Texman55

I used to have a great-uncle who was a JW from way back, the only one in my family till me. I found some old copies of the GA stuck back in an old bookcase in my grandparents' house, I'm sure he was the source of them and some of the old WTBS books from that era too.

Don't have them anymore, they all got lost in one my moves, but it's freaky shit. Rutherford's boozy, megalomaniac fantasies and rants are scary reading now, but I thought it was cool when I was a kid....guess that kinda prepared me in a way for falling down the JW trapdoor a few years later.

"RELIGION IS A SNARE AND A RACKET" was one of his big mottoes.....too bad so many people fell for the line and didn't realize his "religion" was about the biggest snare & racket going!

And still is, I see by some of the posts on this board. Amazing.....and sad.

• Masterji
  • Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Housewifery and Hygiene??????????????? ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

• Masterji
    Masterji

cabasilas,

"The day, therefore, is not far distant when Abraham will stand on Mount Zion and, by means of the radio or even some improved instrument, speak with authority; and his words will be heard by the peoples in every part of the earth. And as he speaks the message from the great Messiah, the King of kings and Lord of lords, all the people who hear and obey shall live and rejoice in the blessings that they have. Seeing, then, that we are at the very beginning of this wonderful time, with confidence it can be said: "Millions now living will never die."

M

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit