Follow up to "This Generation"

by Bill Parker 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Bill Parker
    Bill Parker

FOLLOW UP TO “THIS GENERATION”!

To all those who pray the prayer “Let Your Kingdom Come” in sincerity will soon experience a beautiful park-like paradise earth! Most recognize too that before that can happen frightening times will be just ahead. More frightening than anything we have seen to date. As Jesus said: “Unless those days were cut short no flesh would be saved.” We know those days will be “cut short.” Matthew 24:21,22. Through it all we must keep the picture of the rider on the white horse spoken of in the Revelation by John in our minds. This period of time is a controlled period. Jehovah is monitoring it very closely. Revelation 6: 2. He is also monitoring the words conduct and actions of all people at this time. We who wish to survive the “War of the Great Day of God Almighty” want to be very careful henceforth about all of our conduct words and actions. Matthew 12:37 Now to continue with the follow up on “This Generation.”

A close look at the scripture in Matthew 24: 29, 30 seems to reveal that earth shaking events are going to be taking place on this earth in the not too distant future. The bombing of the World Trade Center with its ensuing blow to the world’s economy should be an eye opener for all of us. Not too mention the serious threat now of biological and nuclear warfare!

If one does a careful reading of this passage much information is revealed. It is written there: “Immediately after the tribulation of those days the Sun will be darkened and the moon will not give its light. The stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. And then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven. Then all the tribes of the earth will beat themselves in lamentation. THEY WILL SEE the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.” Before the eye’s of all the world the Star like political Empires along with the Star like Religious Empires will fall in that there will be no help for anyone from those sources- it will be a time of complete hopelessness and great fear for the entire world of mankind. As foretold by the Apostle Luke. In Luke 21:25 26 “And there will be signs in the sun and moon and stars; and upon the earth {there will be} distress {trouble and anguish} of nations in bewilderment and perplexity {without resources, left wanting, embarrassed, in doubt, not knowing which way to turn at the roaring {the echo} of the tossing of the sea.” “Men swooning away or expiring with fear and dread and apprehension and expectation of the things that are coming on the world; for the {very} powers of the heavens will be shaken and caused to totter.”

It becomes apparent that if the world of mankind had any spiritual light from God, it is at this time totally withdrawn. The darkening of the sun indicates this, nor is they’re any moonlight or starlight all is black and foreboding. But what could cause the “powers of the heaven to be shaken?

It is known from scripture that at various times throughout history Jehovah God Himself has spoken from the heavens. This was the case when Jehovah gave Moses the two tablets of stone bearing the Ten Commandments. Exodus 19: 1-25 Mark 1:11; 9:7 Luke 3:22 Matthew 3:17. The Apostle Paul made reference to this awe-inspiring event at Hebrews 12: 21. But how do we know that Jehovah God will actually give forth His voice once again? What is it that He might possibly be saying that could cause such an upheaval in human affairs? Could it be that this is what this scripture at Matthew 24: 29,30 is alluding to? Note the following taken from Psalms 2: 5,6 “He speaks to them in His deep anger and troubles {terrifies and confounds} them in His displeasure and fury, saying, Yet have I anointed {installed and placed} MY KING {firmly} on My Holy Hill of Zion.” With these words Jehovah has made a universal declaration condemning the entire world system of things. Particularly the World Governments. Along with them the entire religious realm. These will hear the voice of Jehovah’s newly installed King. Notice what Religious leaders will be saying to Jesus at that point in time. “Many will say to Me on that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, and driven out demons in Your name and done many mighty works in your name?” “And then I will say to them openly {publicly} I never knew you; depart from Me, you who act wickedly {disregarding My commands”} World Governments now know that their reign of terror is over. Jehovah has revealed that to them. Likewise His newly appointed King has informed the Worlds Religions that none of them are acceptable to Him. This knowledge will produce so much fear that it will trigger the worst tribulation this world has ever seen. The final “Great Tribulation.” This was the part of the sign that was missing! It is yet ahead! When we hear those two voices thundering from the heavens we will know that the Kingdom of God is near, “at the very doors.” Matthew 24: 33.

The Prophet Ezekiel foretold the time of trouble that would ensue at that particular time in world history when Satan’s hordes attacked Jehovah’s faithful people. …” In that day when Gog shall come against the land of Israel, says the LORD GOD, My wrath shall come up into my nostrils. For in My jealousy and in the fire of My wrath have I said Surely in that day there shall be a great shaking or cosmic catastrophe in the land of Israel? So that the fishes of the sea and the birds of the heaven, the beasts of the field and all creeping things that creep upon the earth, and all the men that are upon the face of the earth shall tremble and shake at My presence; and the mountains shall be thrown down and the steep places shall fall and every wall {natural or artificial} shall fall to the ground. And I will call for a sword against {Gog} throughout all my mountains says the LORD GOD, every man’s sword shall be against his brother” … Ezekiel 38: 18-21

This “great shaking or cosmic catastrophe” is what the Apostle John had in mind when he penned the Revelation and foretold in Revelation 16: 18 “and there followed lightning flashes, loud rumblings, peals of thunder, and a tremendous earthquake; nothing like it has ever occurred since men dwelt on the earth, so severe and far-reaching was that earthquake” …The Prophet Daniel also foretold this time of world distress in Daniel 12:1 “ And at that time {of the end} Michael shall arise, the great {angelic} prince who defends and has charge of your {Daniel’s} people. And there shall be a time of trouble straitness and distress such as never was since there was a nation till that time.”

One of the signs we have been told to look for is an “outstanding universal cry of peace and security” just before the final end. Then “sudden destruction was to be instantly upon them.” We have been led to believe that this “sudden destruction” was from Jehovah. But Jehovah’s intervention could not be marked by such a cry. Otherwise how could it come as a “thief in the night?” Too that idea is contradicted by three of the ancient Prophets. More important it is contradicted by Jehovah Himself. Jeremiah foretold: “We looked for peace and completeness but no good came and for a time of healing but behold dismay trouble and terror.” {Jeremiah 8:15.} Ezekiel 7: 25 Foretold:“ Distress panic and destruction shall come, and they shall seek peace, and there shall be none." Isaiah 33:7 foretold: … “ the ambassadors of peace weep bitterly” At Isaiah 57: 21 Jehovah tells us: “There is no peace says my God for the wicked.” After reading all of those scriptures does it really make sense to look for a “universal cry of peace and security” as though it may look like that they have finally achieved it? Wouldn’t it make more sense to turn our attention to the heavens in expectation of those two heavenly voices that will be thundering down “rocking this earth?” Especially so since the Bible supports that statement with more than the customary “two or three witnesses.”

Is it fair to say now that the voices from heaven constitute the last part of the composite sign of the presence of Christ in Kingdom power? That the generation alive right now all over this world is the generation that Jesus Christ was making reference to? “This generation will not pass away until all of these things occur.”

• sunscapes
    sunscapes

of nations in bewilderment and perplexity {without resources, left wanting, embarrassed, in doubt, not knowing which way to turn at the roaring {the echo} of the tossing of the sea.” “Men swooning away or expiring with fear and dread and apprehension and expectation of the things that are coming on the world; for the {very} powers of the heavens will be shaken and caused to totter.”

That could be applied to JWs too, come to think of it! In fact, I think I read somewhere here recently some posts outlining this line of reasoning of how it is the WITNESSES are the ones who fulfil most of these prophecies. How ironic if it wasn't so gosh-darned hilarious.

Don't forget the Ezekiel passages that God can change his mind and/or direction at any point at any time! So the apocalyptic prophecies or anything else for that matter ARE NOT a foregone conclusion.

When it comes to God's intentions, nothing is carved in stone. That is why Jesus taught to pray as God's Will Be Done. Many people have made revisions to their earthly wills; and for good reasons in many cases. The BIG picture is what God most certainly keeps in mind in the macro affairs of this earth.

Who knows for sure what will happen? To arrogate to oneself accurate knowledge of this while being students is the real sheer folly. We are ALL Bible students; we are all LIFE's students!

When we neither punish nor reproach evildoers ... we are ripping the foundations of justice from beneath future generations.

formerly "Theocracy Rules Again"
    circa 1996-1999

• JUSTAMOM
    JUSTAMOM

Hello Bill Parker:

My dear brother. That is a whole lotta "kool-aid" to be gulpin down at once. At least swallow in-between the poison.

My dear one, you continue to alow yourself to be misled...
    This info on the "generation" is NOTHIG NEW. A few changed words to try to cover-up the false predictions that continue and it sounds convincing.

All the scriptures you quoted are excellent I must say! And YES, they do apply. Only not as your have it, "to the world"...They apply as always to ISRAEL. Thats who the prophets were talking about. Those supposedely that "belonged to Jah" and had left him. Apostate Israel as a WHOLE.
    So when making this application, you CANNOT apply it to the world, but instead to "WITHIN" your own people who call themselves Israel, but do not NOT only live under 'the new covenant' they are NOT even ALLOWED to be in the covenant. What blaphemey on their part!
    If this organization professes to be "THE TRUTH", to possess the "priests", to be the "covenant" (only a few which is NOT scriptural my brother) then everything that applies to Israel MUST apply to the WTBS!

Please do not allow yourself to continue to be led by man and "trusting in them" where there is NO salvation! Psalms 146:3

Instead there is ONE TRUTH and is he at John 14:6 and John 5:39&40!
    Come to him. Matthew 11:28-30

Sincerely, JUST A MOM (Kim)

• sunscapes
    sunscapes

They apply as always to ISRAEL. Thats who the prophets were talking about. Those supposedely that "belonged to Jah" and had left him. Apostate Israel as a WHOLE.

The very SAME ISRAEL that Jesus condemned and summarily rejected!

Food for thought.

When we neither punish nor reproach evildoers ... we are ripping the foundations of justice from beneath future generations.

formerly "Theocracy Rules Again"
    circa 1996-1999

• avengers
    avengers

What is this? A pokergame? The one that bluffs the best wins the game?

• Bill Parker
    Bill Parker

JUST A MOM:
    You said "You cannot apply it to the World" Look at Jeremiah 25:31! " A noise will come even to the ends of the earth, for the LORD has a controversy and an indictment against THE NATIONS; He will enter into judgment with ALL MANKIND; as for the wicked, He will give them to the sword." Verse 32 "evil will go forth from nation to nation,and a great whirling tempest will rise from the uttermost parts of the earth." Verse 33 ..." those slain by Jehovah shall be at that day from one end of the earth even to the other end of the earth" ...After tht contoversy this scripture in Psalms 16: 10 will be fulfilled: " The LORD is King forever and ever; the nations have vanished from His Land" ... "I can't apply it to the world" How bout that for "a whole lot of cool aid." Swallow slowly!

Of course you were partly correct. The "judgment starts first with the house of God." Those in the new covenant who have been acting wickedly will be taken out first. Then there will be a final weeding out among those under that covenant. At this point in time I belong to no organization. I do not allow anyone to mislead me! Not even you! On with the poker game!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit