Young JW's and divorce

by Anator 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Anator
    Anator

It's an epidemic! Many young JW's are divorcing. Some say you can't talk young ones out of marrying when they get there minds fixed on it....JW's says that the young ones (when I say young I mean in their teens) think they have all the answers as to why they should get married. HELLO!! JW's are taught that they do have all the answers, this is just a backlash of the teachings. When JW's teach at the doors they don't listen to the householders point of view, because JW's believe they have all the answers and they wonder why young teens feel this way when it comes to marriage!

How many out their have experienced young JW's divorcing?

• fokyc
    fokyc

Too true, 3 of my own and many others in our local congs.

Marrying in the truth and especially an Elders daughter is considered a wonderful recipe for success.

Two of my sons soon found the reality, one was disfellowshipped by his own father-in-law!

The other; after his wife had a brief fling with a 15 year old son of a PO, she was being 'bedded' by the City O'seer after the Tuesday book-study whilst my son worked away from home.

The family books don't prepare people for marriage in this world.

fokyc

• milliemootoo
    milliemootoo

I have just heard about someone I used to know, they were married in their teens both pioneers, he has suffered with depression and she could not cope so she has divorced him and re-married. Seemingly her Mum (Elders wife) was heard boasting at the assembley how happy her daughter is now, both are still pioneers and attended the assembley???

Baffled!

• burningbridges
    burningbridges

I married young, was miserable, and am now divorcing....

burn

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

I married young at 19, was divorced at 25.

• james_woods
    james_woods

I think that it is pretty obvious that about 80 percent of the very young witness marriages are mostly due to the sex rules, the dating rules, and the marriage rules imposed by the society. These are people that would never have been married to each other if they were attending college, dating normally, and having a normal social life at that young age.

On top of that you have the financial burden of starting out so young without much of a job, and the added strain of having to live the watchtower life with all the meetings, service, more rules, etc.

I am not surprised at all that so many end up in divorce.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit