Territory in Beverly Hills/LA and Celebrities

by nbernat 8 Replies latest jw friends

• yknot
    yknot

FS in certain residential areas is quite limited due to 'restrictions' but somehow Jehovah's spirit prevails and blesses!

Pioneers on Paper are quite common as are hefty donations to the society.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I lived nearby affluent areas and my territory had a number of celebrities living there.

Even if u could get to the door, they never answer. Security is in place to prevent unwanted visitors

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Witnessing in affluent areas usually means you are witnessing to the hired help.

That is, *IF* you could get to the door. Most live in either gated communities or have gated driveways.

At least that was my experience.

-Aude.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Oooo, service in celebrity country! I just love creature worship I'd camp out all night and day just to get a glimps I wonder if people actually did that sort of thing.

• amicus
    amicus
    I lived nearby affluent areas and my territory had a number of celebrities living there.

Even if u could get to the door, they never answer. Security is in place to prevent unwanted visitors

I didn't live there, I worked there. My perception of the "very wealthy" is that they were cool, but not interested. I had much better relationships with "the money folks" when I was plying my business than I ever did trying to peddle religion. I was "friends" with a man who drove a 1964 Pontiac station wagon and lived in a house build by Frank Lloyd Wright. Sin that it was, we never discussed religion, we just discussed business. Jacob Karasik, is a name I will always remember with a smile.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

It was this reason I preferred this territory. No one answers, and the few that did were very polite.

When we worked the lower income areas just about every door opened, but I was likely to get an earful,

• wokeup
    wokeup

Aude is right, the hired help is all you'll find, maybe.

I remember working in Atherton,CA in the 60's and came upon Shirely Temple Blacks' estate. Couldn't get past the gated driveway.

You have better chances bumping into someone famous at the airport or a resturant.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Not too many celebs in my area but Mel Gibson lived in our territory about 8 years ago as his kids went to a private school in the city. I used to deliver to him with FedEx (well to his house, his assistant always answered the door for (Mr. G"), but never called on him. There was a JW who had the landscaping contract at his house though, so that's how he got witnessed to, I'm sure.

I did place mags with Owen Nolan when he was playing with the San Jose Sharks. He had an Irish Wolfhound that jumped all over me and got his fur all in my wool suit. Not sure if he still lives there or not.

Kwin

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

in 1993 i witnessed to danny jackson -a pictcher for the philadelphia phillies.he was renting a sisters house.he was receptive but i never saw him again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit