Odd experience - completing a hospital registration form...

by Princess Daisy Boo 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

So you all know yesterday that I had a minor surgical procedure done, right (well if you didn't, now you do, and you can stop reading and go an post something on my pity party thread)

You know how you get given a zillion forms to complete and sign - all my medical history, my family's medical history etc. Well we get to the question of religion and I write "no religion". Then they ask me to sign the permission to do a blood transfusion if necessary form and I go ahead and give it.

Weird feeling though - I guess what went through my head was what if my mother read this, what would she think - and how much I have changed etc...

Just an observation and if I am rambling it is because I have taken pain meds and they may be taking over plus it is late at night and I should get some sleep.

Bye all!

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

I hate it when one of my threads just never gets going, even if it was just my drug induced rambling!

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Being non jw, the blood transfusion issue would have never registered to me....

I guess they ask religion in case one would want a chaplain to visit!

• str8?so is spaghetti..until you heat it up
    str8?so is spaghetti..until you heat it up

um, i love you?

I don't know how i feel about the whole blood thing, i did tear up my blood card - i'm just worried that my only next of kin are JW and if the push came to shove, maybe they would try and make sure i didn't get one...

• lilybird
    lilybird

Happy to hear your surgery went successfully and you are home feeling as well as you can after surgery. If you are posting I guess you are doing well!!!

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

I am feeling much better thank you!

It took me ages to tear up my blood card after I left... the last time I went to hospital which was about 8 years ago, I still put my religion down as JW, even though I hadn't been to a meeting in three years, just in case I needed a transfusion. My mother, who has an annoying habit of reading the files saw that, and was so happy - she told me that after seeing that, she had hope that I would return one day!

When the whole fractions thing started getting more and more confusing that I decided this was all a crock of shit and I would have a transfusion to save my life and that of my children's if it was ever necessary. That was when I chucked the card!

Str8 - that is a scary thought - I used to have visions of my mom and dad having screaming matches in a hospital over my rights to a blood transfusion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit