Yoga

by Mysterious 3 Replies latest social physical

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Obviously a no-no at least when I was a dub. Anyone had any experience with it? I started doing it once a week with my tae kwon do club and find it not only useful for relaxation but it is a pretty taxing muscle workout and has increased my flexibility tremendously. I have never had so much respect for an instructor -- she is about 50 years old and a complete pretzel in better shape than I have ever hoped to be.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Yoga is something I also plan to incorporate in my life as I get older. I'm already using some Oriental stretching exercises that I learned off the internet to keep my back from getting so tight. Watch out for those demons when you meditate though! LOL (lotus position say ommmm...)

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Lol meditation is the least of my problems. We also talk about chi/energy flow quite a bit. Not sure how much of that I really believe in but it's doing a lot for me so why question it -- the boogeyman won't get me.

• *summer*
    *summer*

Yes, I was given quite the lesson by my study conductor. Because not only do I practice Yoga, I also meditate! She printed some stuff from past publications for me to read, was told that demons would enter my mind when I clear it to meditate, etc... And, I also have a membership at the Y. Another no-no. Well, I soon realised that I pretty much had to give up my entire life if I ever wanted to be in good standing with this very demanding org. And I did...for a while

So, I am one of those who narrowly escaped {thanks to my lucky star} Back to Yoga and meditation. Back to gym. And loving each and every minute of it all.

As for Yoga, I practice Kundalini which is often quite the workout in itself. And so far, the boogeyman did not get me

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit