You're following the wishy-washy watchtower!

by Tired of the Hypocrisy 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
  • Mysterious
    Mysterious

Of all the things to pick out the cross on a 1916 watchtower wouldn't be the one I would pick to hit home. Many will dismiss it as so long ago, new light etc. So many more modern scandals to raise the hackles on the neck. I applaud his courage and determination though.

• Solace1998
    Solace1998

lol @ street preachers -- always annoying, not normally making sense.

• Solace1998
    Solace1998

+1

didnt affect me one bit.,

• White Dove
    White Dove

I think what would be more powerful than an old WT with cross would be the settlement payout on top in huge numbers and dolar signs and "WT Victims of Pedophile paid to keep Silent."

Going the fundamental fanatic Christian way is laughable with these guys.

It's as powerful a message as baptists trying to convert us in the park on Pagan Pride Day.

It just shows that this guy was never a JW. Arguing doctrine with JW's seldom works.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I think they would make more sense if they started highlighting the false prophesies of Armageddon. Better to harp on the 1975 disaster than on the cross, since the cross did not ruin people's lives. However, 1975 did.

They could also have picked the pedophile scandal, Ephesians 2:8 and 9 nullifying field circus as necessary for salvation, or the fact that they have twice changed a "generation" inside the past 12 years. More people would be stumbled out by that than by the cross issue.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit