FIRE!

by calico 8 Replies latest jw friends

• calico
    calico

Had a candle explode today and caught the kitchen table on fire! My son saved the day and put the fire out!

• zagor
    zagor

What do you mean "candle exploded"? How did that happen?

• calico
    calico

I wasn't home. The glass must have exploded from the heat--the bottom was still intact, though. I'm not sure how the fire started--there were plastic items on the table that burned--my son said the flames were almost up to the cieling fan. I have seen candles go haywire when they are near the bottom. The flame starts jumping around!

I've heard bad stories about gel candles--this was not a gel candle but, it was a pricey one from bath and body.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Sounds to me like you bought those candles at a garage sale. They must have been DEMONIZED for this to happen.

All kidding aside, I'm glad your son was alert and kept it from turning a much worse situation.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Which is why they say to never leave candles unattended. :)

• calico
    calico

My husband was in the next room--my son was upstairs. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Don't leave husband with candle!

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Hey Calico. Candles are so dangerous. I was staying at a friends home one time and after all the kids had gone to school, I laid down. Well several hours later I got up to change the laundry around. I went to lay some clothes in the one room and as I opened the door, The whole dang thing exploded. Black smoke boiled out. I tried to put it out and called 911 not so much in that order, but and afterward I was looking around and the fire was so hot it melted everything in the room.

The firemen said it was the most common way as of that time for fires to start. Candles.

So glad your home was not ruined.

So glad you are safe.

• calico
    calico

Thanks sparkplug. I waited a long time to have my own home--sure wouldn't want to lose it! When I was little, our house burned down and we lost everything--don't want to go thru that again!

I'm going to talk to my son today about what the fire looked like and where things were on the table--I think my husband is not telling me the whole story.

• K.Matthews
    K.Matthews

Candles are dangerous. Mom no longer allows them in our dump after all, you'd hate to burn down garbage :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit