regarding higher education at convention?

by tiffy0212 4 Replies latest jw friends

• tiffy0212
    tiffy0212

Can anyone out there tell me what day they spoke about not going to college. Can't seem to find that in my my mates notes. Would like to prove him a liar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I think they made the bigger stink about it last summer (the D.E.A.D. added to the degree). However, I would look for it among the drama and the Friday afternoon session. It will probably be harder to find, since they were more worried about sexual matters than education this time around.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Only attended a few hours with my wife on Saturday morning and education was not hit with a huge hammer, but there were continual jabs taken at it thorughout all the presentations.

• tiffy0212
    tiffy0212

Please don't tell me that they are now trying to get into our bedroom!! Are these people stupid enough to tell elders what type of sexual activity goes on between husband and wife? What are these couples doing wrong? If there are any articles in the wt or aw let me know my mate has a room full of bound volumes. Do they have any advise what to do if your husband can perform? The drugs don't work how about a implant. That is one question I would like to send to the wt, but I know they would never answer. Hope I didn't offend you with these questions.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Firstly, welcome Tiffy, ask lots of questions, you will get lots of great answers (and often interesting opinions).

This was the first assembly I have attended, in fact only the second jw thing I have ever been to, went to a memorial once, and I found both extremely offensive.

I was amazed at the slamming of almost everything, the speaker talked about how inappropriate Victoria's Secret is, constantly made little jabs against education, a little skit brought up the cross as idol worship (never mind the extolling of the GB) and then lots of discussion on how important meetings are, must have been 10 mentions how the 'end is so near'.

The session I was at did not directly bring up bedroom stuff, but looking at the book that was released....I can see that it has become another push of the orgs...I guess the time should be spent serving Jehovah and if one would happen to have a baby, that sure would take away from meetings and fs, wouldn't it?

Even though I have been on this site for a while and have tried to learn a lot about the jws, I am amazed each and every day by some new information and am in disbelief by how this org can get people to just ignore common sense and do all the thinking for them....hence the stance on education again!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit