Uterine Artery Embolization--has anyone had that done?

by nsrn 5 Replies latest jw friends

• nsrn
    nsrn

(Sorry guys, it's a girl thing...) Has anyone had this procedure done? It's a treatment for uterine fibroids. I'm scheduled for it, and wondered if anyone had any first hand experience with it. Thanks!

• Mary
    Mary

I was scheduled for it, but then I found out that it was actually uterine/endometrial cancer I had, so I had to have a full hysterectomy. But I had done alot of research on it and they go in and cauterized the fibroids, cutting off their blood supply, and they'll shrivel up and die. They can also cauterized the uterine wall which would help alot........My advise is: Don't put it off if you need it. If you've got a hormonal imbalance and don't get it fixed, it can easily turn into cancer. I suffered for 2 frigging years because my asshole of a doctor wouldn't do anything and it eventually turned into cancer.

The girl in the office next to me had the embolization done last December because her doctor told her "..if you put it off, there's a good chance it will turn malignant".

Good luck!!

• LockedChaos
    LockedChaos

Uhmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......

Obviously
    I haven't had this done
    but the wife has.
    Two years ago.
    Complete success.

Things down there were pretty bad.
    Everyone said "Radical Surgery"
    Then came Condoleza Rice.
    She had it done

We researched it on the net
    Ran it by the doctors
    (always get 3 opinions)
    Went with it

Only 3 days downtime
    Very minor downtime

She just had checkup last week
    Fibroids are still shrinking

Good Luck

• changeling
    changeling

I have a close friend who had this done. Her fibroids were very large and after the procedure was done the doctor said he would have preferred to do a hysterectomy. Her recovery was pretty painful.

Also, her fibroids have grown back.

When she had the procedure she was hoping to have another child. She did become pregnant, but miscarried. She now wishes she had had a hysterectomy.

I hope all goes well for you,

changeling

• nsrn
    nsrn

Thanks all. I'm scheduled in September. I'm hoping it helps. I was told one week down time maximum, that sure beats a hysterectomy! And if I need that eventually too, then so be it.

Aging sucks. But so does the alternative.

• Quandry
    Quandry

No....I had the hysterectomy.

Try anything before you go to that extreme.

I have hot flashes that are horrible. Also, the emptiness of no emotional swings...

Hope the procedure cures what ails ya.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit