Wife Angry! Witnesses only call around to "count time" never casual calls??

by Witness 007 8 Replies latest jw experiences

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

On the weekend 2 sets of Witnesses called on us during Witnessing {We are both in-active now}....What's going on I thought!! ......C.O Visit with a theme of "encouraging those weak in the faith." So, Witnesses start calling after a year and a half, but only offical like during Witnessing time....mistake number two, they "placed" 17 Watchtowers with my wife.....mistake three, a sister said she was "concerned" about my wife like she was mental or something! After 2 years?? Talk about being busy! My wife was furious and said why do they never invite her out for a Coffee or out to dinner, they just use her to count time and place Mags. where's the love? With the Mormons perhaps?? ......I rubbed it in a bit to make sure she felt her full fury.

• lancelink
    lancelink

"with the Mormons perhaps/"

I notice that members of this religion call me whenever something interesting is happening at their church, or homes.

It is quite refreshing to have someone think of me as a person, and not just a way to count time.

• thebigdebate
    thebigdebate

Can you call him back and put me down for 2 hours? They quite calling me for my time. I used to be a full time Pioneer about 13 years ago (1000 wasted hours). I wish that I could get those back.

PS. How much time is spent counting time? LOL

• aniron
    aniron

I see you say you are "inactive" then I take it then that you ar JWs.

Surely they cannot count their time for calling on baptised JWs?

• almostbitten
    almostbitten

Maybe it was a "shepherding call." Isn't that what they call it when they visit those who are still witnesses, but not as active? Help me out here?

• changeling
    changeling

If you are inactive and they are out in FS, yes, they count their time.

changeling :)

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I'm sure they don't stop counting time.....or not count the 12 magazines they left.

• carla
    carla

hmm, a fader jw who is insulted by the counting time thing? I'm sorry to find that amusing, I too get insulted when I think my jw is attempting to count our 'discussions' as 'time'.

• mind my own
    mind my own

I know my mom and brother used to count time when they gave me a book or mags...gag. Also, if they brought me (when I was considered inactive) or a bible study to the meetings, they counted their time.

MMO

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit