1-day district conventions

by TweetieBird 4 Replies latest jw friends

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

I heard from a very reliable source that the WTS is going to start having 1-day district conventions at the assembly halls. Has anyone else heard this? A family member was at the assembly hall for a meeting and the brother stated that soon they would be meeting for their 1-day district conventions there.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I haven't heard anything specific. It could even be a hyperbole--the way things are getting cheaper within the religion, they could one day wind up having their Grand Boasting Sessions cut down to 1 or 2 days, and held at the A$$embly Hell instead of renting a worldly venue.

That would also solve the problems with the vending machines. It would also allow people to save their motel money and put it into the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund boxes. And they could administer a rule of one towel and limit the amount of toilet paper used per visit, without clashing with the building administration. And remove the mirrors, instead of just putting paper on them.

However, that would limit the number of talks they can do. They would be limited to one symposium, one experience talk, and maybe a couple of support talks. They still have to do the washtowel, and they still have to do the public talk and baptism talks. And any new release remixes would be limited. All this would limit the amount of crackdown ammunition they can deliver at one time, plus it would stop them from wasting whole vacations and getting people fired from work for going to the Friday sessions.

Plus, it would limit the amount of money they can generate for the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund.

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

My family member was telling us this to confirm that the end is really getting near!

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

It would make sense. of the dozen or so dubs I have spoken to who I would consider friends, about half skipped Friday. The GB must realize the cash they are burning on Friday's.

Oh yeah, and gas prices are going up-wink, wink

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

you know what's really near to me? A bowel movement.

I don't buy the 1 day assembly because it's such a money maker for them

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit