Letter regarding the WTS from the UN

by heybaby 8 Replies latest jw experiences

• heybaby
    heybaby

Ok, so I keep reading on here how the WTS was associated with the UN. I had never heard anything about this. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, since the UN is the "beast" and I know the WTS would never let the congregations know they were in bed with them. Anyway, I went to the UN's website and I found a letter regarding the WTS's dismissal from the UN. I told my husband about it, discreetly of course, and he really did seem surprised. He said that there had to be a good reason for the WTS joining. I said if the UN is so horrible, then the WTS should have nothing to do with them at all. To which he replied, they may have joined before information came out in the publications showing that the UN is the "beast." Well, I got out the Revelation book (released in 1988) and looked up the part in Chapter 32 which clearly identifies the UN as the "beast." Then I read him the letter, stating that the WTS joined the UN in 1991, after they know good and well what they themselves were declaring in regard to the UN. No real response from my husband. I feel bad for my husband actually. He can't see it yet and he is really upset with my thoughts and feelings toward the organization. But I have no negative feelings toward him about it, he's just still very blind to the facts. Here is where you can find the letter from the UN: http://www.un.org/dpi/ngosection/pdfs/watchtower.pdf PM me if you'd like, I love meeting new people!!

• sf
    sf

Good work.

At least he now has the facts, And as an adult with those facts, there can be no blinders.

sKally

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

AHH yes the great UN fiasco. The one where they give the lamest answer ever: We just wanted to use their library.

When the brother is in the backroom for going to a nudie bar can he say 'I just wanted to look at a nude woman live?'

• sf
    sf

He said that there had to be a good reason for the WTS joining. I said if the UN is so horrible, then the WTS should have nothing to do with them at all. To which he replied, they may have joined before information came out in the publications showing that the UN is the "beast."

It really is about one word here: COMPROMISE. { I wrote about this is the long U.N. thread...it was my sisters conclusion upon hearing the news}

That, is simply, what wt did here. At the "flocks" expense.

sKally

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

Another question to ponder...If there was nothing wrong with being associated with the DPI, then why did they ask to terminate their association when it was found out? That is a question that I still have not gotten an answer to from the people that I have posed it to, i.e. family members, elders, circuit overseers. Their blanket answer is, "the society made a mistake." Total BS!

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

oh how i wish i had thought to make a copy of the Society's reply to us (on the BOE) on this issue. We had a brother make inquiry (via our then secretary without the knowledge of the PO or the BOE)..i think I wrote about this somewhere on the board... of course the society sent us a copy with their reply. The secretary resigned as an elder shortly thereafter and went incognito..not inactive..just started missing a lot...

the Borg's reply was so wishy washy, bull $hit..... and the letter specifically said that we could not share the letter directly with the brother who asked about the UN thing, but that we could "share appropriate points" from the letter in hopes of satisfying him.... It was an outright admittance of what they did...and how they tried to blame one rogue brother who made an error in judgment...but that they were no longer any part of it....

oh well....

Snakes (of the "hindsight is 20/20" Sheep Class)

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird
    oh how i wish i had thought to make a copy of the Society's reply to us (on the BOE) on this issue.

Snakes, obviously you were an elder at the time...is this what opened your eyes or was it something else? The reason I ask is that I spoke to a couple of elders in my congregation back then about it and wondered if any thinking elder would see this as a huge omise on the WTS part like I did.

• dawg
    dawg

WT reply to everything.... "nothing to see here, move along... We are God's mouthpiece, God's channel" and idiots still fall for this crap, get pissed that you'd dare point out these errors about the Wt org... man!

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Thanks for that link, i haven't really researched much about this as my bug bear is the 607-1914 issue.

I have bookmarked it, i didn't realise the UN had posted anything like this.

Paul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit