I'm so jealous of you guys...

by almostbitten 3 Replies latest jw friends

• almostbitten
    almostbitten

I see that many of you usually post some cool animated "smiley" at the end of your comments. Why can't I have or find them? I'm a Mac user with Safari as my browser. Does that have anything to do with it? Help me out here.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Yep, I'm afraid it does. I use Firefox and I don't have any, either.

To put smilies in if you are not using the dreaded Internet ExploDer... you have to pretty much build your own webpage and paste it here! But... there is a cool free program to use to do that, a great html editor is called "NVu".

Let me know if you want me to build a web page to give you a clickable link to find it. Ha.

Cheers,
    Baba.

• almostbitten
    almostbitten

Thanks, Baba. I appreciate that.

• nameless_one
    nameless_one

There's a really good guide for Mac and non-IE users at http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/24/146155/1.ashx. It's definitely more complicated than for PC/IE people, but it can be done. The guide also tells things like how to quote other people's posts and make links clickable, in addition to how to use smilies (scroll down a bit and you'll see the original poster made the use of smilies even easier than he did in the initial post). I love this guide and use it a lot, I hope it will help you too!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit