New light at DC: It's the greeks fault

by outofthebox 6 Replies latest jw friends

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

The speaker said: "That is why the greeks created academies and gymnasiums. They were directed by Satan to bring the jews apart from God".

I knew it! Everything is the greeks fault! and Satan is the creator of the Olympic Games! LOL!

• yknot
    yknot

OMG !!!!!

Well that is it down with Gilead, TMS, MTS, & Pioneer School !!!!!.....

God only knows the Israelites were so 'clean' religiously certainly it is why Jesus fixed the Pharisees and re-DUBbed them the WTS!

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

There is no question that Hellenization took place in Jerusalem. The question is, did that Hellenization cause them to be separated from God? "Faithful" Jews, Hellenized Jews, Greeks and everyone else had equal opportunity to respond to Jesus and become a Christian. So what difference did it make if a Jew became Hellenized? How did that separate him?

• whitman
    whitman

Oh man...seriously??? That's what was going on with the Greeks?? Well there goes my doctoral thesis - damn, I'm going have to start again.

• whitman
    whitman

Upon reflection - that seriously sucks. My mum is going to the convention in two weeks and from what I can gather she is going to get bombarded with anti-university crap and now the Satanic Greeks....this is not going to be pretty. Her approach of looking the other way in regards to my career is really going to be challenged. Darn it.

• BreakingAway
    BreakingAway

So what they're really say is:They want us to be Fat, Dumb and Miserable Happy.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They have to blame someone. After all, Greece produced Socrates and Aristotle. And if anyone studies their works, they will soon become apostates. Can't have that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit