Abbreviations on WatchTower letters

by Gladring 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gladring
    Gladring

Not sure if this belongs here but I have a question.

About 7-8 months ago, I sent a letter to Brooklyn about their quotes in the Creator books (before I realised that so had just about everyone else). Anyway when they eventually did reply they did so through the branch in this country. Under the letter head, next to the date, was the initials "SA:SB". Does anyone know what these initials stand for?

It's not that important, I'm just curious.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Jeez, I used to use them everyday, now I'm scratching my head to make sure I have it right...

It's called the desk symbol. Usually you'll have the desk symbol for the overseer, deskman, or writer, then the colon, then the secretary's desk symbol. They aren't personal initials. They're internal series for departments and personnel. I had a desk symbol, but I rarely used it. I didn't have a secretary, so it was just the three letters.

B the X

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

correct indeed.

• sir82
    sir82

"SA:SB"

"S" refers to the service department. Other departments have different letters.

"A" and "B" are internal codes, corresponding to particular individuals. That way Bethel can tell who wrote the content and typed the letter, but of course you the reader cannot.

If you want to have some fun, call the Bethel number, ask for the Service Department, then once connected ask for the name of the person you are talking to. You'll see "true Christianity" in action!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit