For those who care for an update

by heybaby 9 Replies latest jw experiences

• heybaby
    heybaby

Hello to everyone. I am still new to this board, but I have been reading so many posts and I am learning and lot and feeling so refreshed. I am amazed at some of the information I have been finding out about the history of the WTS and the governing body!!

Yesterday I listened to the MP3 of Rick and Laverne Townsend's JC meeting. Talk about helpful!! Those elders' comments and "rebuttals" were so ridiculous and fell short of anything that even remotely resembled a coherent response. Anyway, so like I said in my other posts, raised as a JW, wife of MS for the past 6.5 years (he recently stepped down - read my first post to see why) and I have been having doubts for quite some time. My husband is still feeling loyalty to the organization, so I know I need to tread softly.

I am just amazed at the fact that the beliefs we have based our entire LIVES around have been wrong. It's amazing. Anyway, this is just a rambling post, so I'll wrap it up. If anyone wants to send me a private message, please do. I would love to get to know more people, but for obvious reasons, I feel it's better (at least for the time being) to keep some of the deeper things more private for a while. You never know who is on these forums looking for "apostates." HAHAHAHA!!!!

• White Dove
    White Dove

I'll be looking forward to updates on how it's going for you.

Good luck!

Dovey:)

• jgnat
    jgnat

Welcome, heybaby. After how your husband has been treated, I think it is just a matter of time before he decides to leave on his own. Congratulations to him for his independent thinking. I think if you emphasize for him his natural ability to think for himself, he can do the rest.

Also, start hunting for some alternative social groups other than the witnesses. The "world" can look like a cold, dark place if you haven't spent any time in it.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

welcome to the board

purps

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Stick around heybaby. Has your hubby been reading your posts or researching some of the things you have found?

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

We're glad you're here...

I too am an "apostate" with a believing spouse.. however, I am not treading softly... being a JW was killing our marriage... the only thing that may save it is if we both leave JWs.... she is starting to come around, though.....

Good counsel to start associating with non-JWs.... I took my wife to the beach on Sunday with about 30 "worldly" people... and although she felt uncomfortable at first, she began to see that they were harmless, fun, normal people... she had a good time and no JWs!

A@G

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Have you read The Gentile Times Reconsidered? or checked out www.jwfacts.com?

Send me a PM if you have more questons....

A@G

• hubert
    hubert

Welcome, HB.

Do you know anything about how they removed the "Generation that won't pass away" from the Awake magazines in 1995?

Hubert

• yknot
    yknot

In keeping with the directives of Sept 07 KMs spirit......

I will upload and PM you all my stuff from that period.

This way you are only using WTS material.

Perhaps you could ask him to 'help' you find your faith in 1914 again by reviewing these publications. Certainly it would be spiritually strenghtening since Jesus himself gave approval!

• hubert
    hubert

We thrive on updates.

But, you don't have to use four letter words to express them, like Elsewhere does.

Hubert

No offense meant, elsewhere.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit