June 2008 awake comment

by lancelink 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• lancelink
    lancelink

When I got home from work this evening there was an awake in my door.

As I skim thru it, I notice a comment on page 29 under From our readers, "what does the future hold for Christianity."
    SS from the U.S. wrote that he/she believes that the jw's just love to tear down other religions, yet
    they lift themselves up above the rest,,,, OK, a pretty decent, accurate, observation I thought.

And the reply from the wt is this (quoted word for word!):

JW's are not against people of other religions as individuals, nor do we view ourselves as being better than others.
    We recognize that "all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God"(Romans 3:23.)
    With that in mind, we expend ourselves and our resources devoting much time to calling at homes to share bible truths, including the wonderful hope the Bible contains.
    However, as Jesus and his disciples boldly spoke out to expose hypocrisy and religious error, Jehovah's witnesses do like wise.

Lets consider all the child abuse, wrong calculations for Armageddon,changing doctrines, etc just what are the authors of the
    awake thinking about?
    And we do not view ourselves as better than others???

I think something is really screwy in bethel.

• flipper
    flipper

LANCLINK- Good thread ! I think before the witnesses keep exposing religious hypocrisy of other religions- while they are pointing their finger at others; there are 3 more fingers pointing back at themselves ! The things you mentioned, child abuse scandals, changing doctrines, the whole enchilada - you got it right, something is definitely screwy in Bethel ! It's called " cult mind control" ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    JW's are not against people of other religions as individuals, nor do we view ourselves as being better than others.

So, I guess JWs are not against other individuals, they're just really looking forward to seeing them all dead.

*** w82 12/15 p. 27 par. 16 Clothing Ourselves With Love and Wearing It ***

In this way only lovers of God and of his family, his organization, will survive and enter into the cleansed earth that is to be transformed into a glorious Paradise.

Ah yes, a glorious paradise filled with the rotting corpses of anyone that says anything against WTBTS.

B the X

• Metamorphosis
    Metamorphosis

yeah - i remember reading that QFR and thinking BullCrap!!! You read the JW only Watchtower now and there is a very clear and defined - we are right, everybody else is wrong mindset - and if they try to tell you differently they are evil! How they can get off writing - we don't think we're better than anyone else just to try to appease Joe Blow is beyond me...

Morph

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Oh Professor Longstockings... I'm waiting....

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles
    We recognize that "all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God"(Romans 3:23.)
    With that in mind, we expend ourselves and our resources devoting much time to calling at homes to share bible truths, including the wonderful hope the Bible contains.

Is it just me, or does the first part have absolutely no relation to the second? How does calling at homes with bible truths address the fact that all have sinned?

• paybacktime19
    paybacktime19

CAN YOU REALLY BE THAT STUPID

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I see nothing better about the witlesses as a group than other groups. Those other groups allow people to donate to charities (like the Salvation Army and Red Cross, which help people that suddenly and through no fault of their own fall into hardship). The witlesses do not.

But the most accurate measure of a group's morality is how much value do they create for society. The witlesses create absolutely zero value. There is no value in getting a waste of paper in your door or getting handed a waste of paper. Children are stopped from learning so they can carry on those waste of paper distributions. The boasting sessions do not help people to cope with, or remove, problems (and usually create numerous problems). Most witlesses are employed in cleaning work, and that number is going to increase now that college is banned. Anyone in the cancer that creates value that is value is hounded into quitting and going out in field circus.

I, for one, would rather be a real value creator than a witless. Better to be a scientist that finds a cure for cancer, or a politician that busts up the rules that prohibit such cures from making the market, than a witless peddling wastes of paper. Better to create a masterpiece album or book than read those crap ones from the Washtowel Slaveholdery. Better to market alternative energy sources and/or a car that gets 5,000 MPG and still has lots of power than drive a car that gets 18 gallons to the mile pushing wastes of paper. Better to engineer a building that meets difficult criteria (extremely tall, energy efficient, earthquake- or hurricane proof, etc) than to quick build a Kingdumb Hell that is essentially a piece of crap. And so on.

By that standard, the witlesses are among the biggest parasites on the planet. Too many take Welfare. They have the "equalization" of wealth, meaning those who are well off because of hard work have to give to those who choose to pioneer and suck the life out of everyone else. And yet they do not give back to the system.

And how can they possibly be the best, most righteous people without distorting morality? All those rules are created to make themselves look better. Once I get down to the essence of morality (any volitional act that is good for self or society is moral, while any volitional act that is bad for self or society is immoral), they stop looking so good. In fact, they look so disgustingly immoral in their wastes of resources and prohibitions on independent thinking, that they are the lowest form of humanity on the planet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit