I went to the elders from my old cong.

by orangefatcat 5 Replies latest jw friends

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

The reason I did that was because my ex husband is being, abused by his present wife. She beats him and puts him down at every oppourtunity, she steals his monthly goverment cheques and takes a trip and leaves him to fend for himself and he is suffering from Ischemic mini strokes, She leaves him she doesn't feed him and he is so thin and sick. I know I was married to him for 28 years and its was n't a good marriage but hell he doesn't deserve to be treated like he is a nothing. My son told me that if he sees her hit him on more then one occasion he will bash her head in. and she abuses him mentally emotionally and verbally. He is afraid of her. I told my son don't get violent as you could end up in jail. She is a sick person and is evil through and through. He has always been a mouse and cowers.

I had a wild converstation with her last week and told her if she didn't start taking care of him I was going to the elders. Which I intended to do anyway. I didn't tell her I was reporting her to the authoriteis. She will be in for a big suprise.

Nothing changed so I contacted the brother who was PO when I was in the organization and when I went to speak with him he was very apprehensive. I asked him if he still was the PO and he said no another brother was . He took my telephone number down but the elder never got in touch with me. I told this elder I have known for years that my ex was being at risk and I wanted you to be aware of it or if you are, are you going to do something about it.? AS I have every intention of reporting her to the proper authorities and also the Mental heath act. They have organziations for senoirs who are being abused. I know my ex won't do this my son is going to have to do this . GEtting back to elder he said to me well Terry your disfellowshipped and I said to him are you still and elder? and he said yes and so I said then you can talk to me. He started backing up and backingup further until he said I will give this information to Brother Suttleworth. Then he disappeared like a chicken with his head cut off. It was quite invigoraing to stand up to an elder considering i didn't attend my JC hearings when I was disfellowshipped in asentia. I don't care I know God gave me the strenght to tell this elder that my ex is being abused. I suppose he figures I and re interested in my ex since I lost my husband, but I have no interest what so ever of being involved with him again I just want justice for him as a senior citizen.

Apparently that next day the elder with whom I discussed this matter with, called my ex up and took him out. for a conversation. I am not sure what happened , But my ex told our son he wants to report her to the police as he is scared and depressed. He had never ever been depressed before even when I was married to him.

My son and his father are going to press charges against her but just not yet,(But I spoke again with a CMHA worker and nurse so that they are aware of the situation in his home) my ex wants to wait until he gets into his handicapped apartment Aug 1st.. Then he and my son will go to the police to press charges. I feel my ex is scared to death of this witch bitch. His neighbours have told me that she screams at him day and night and she doesn't feed him proper food, she goes to her moms to eat and neglects him. The girl across the street have had him over for bbq and the neighbours feel terrible for him. Funny thing none of them have reported it. Which show me people don't want to get involved.

I today again spoke with the CMH{ Canadian Mental Health} Act. nurse and told her that things are no different. Apparently from a mutual friend I have heard the my ex's wife goaded her first husband in to committing suicide. She is a demon out of hell. It wouldn't suprise me in the least. If ever there were a human devil she is the one. I am not kidding what so ever.

I told my son he needd to make sure his father is okay and is eating and she doesn't keep stealing money from him. Imagine she took his money to go on a cruise with her mother and she gave her daughter 900.00 dollars of his money for her kid and she screams and hits him if he gives a dime to our son. My son is going to have to go to court and see what advise he can get as the the steps required to get guardian ship of him. He is 72 and is also starting with memory problems. So haste is of the outmost importance.

I really feel so sorry for him. but if this was any senior citizen I would also report that as well.

The cong. is useless. as when I told the elder my intent on reporting to the authorities he couldn't get away from me fast enough.

Well I will see what happens in the next month.

Orangefatcat

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

OFC! How have you been? It's been so long since I've heard from you.

I think you are right to report it to the proper authorities but why waste your time with the jdub elders? They have no real authority to help anyone or do anything about it. The farther you stay away from those idiots the better.

I hope you are doing well

nj

• snowbird
    snowbird

Good for you.

Someone once said, "The only way badness can flourish is for good people to do nothing." Or something like that.

Sylvia

• Mum
    Mum

Thank you for choosing to do the right thing, and not allowing yourself to be intimidated or given false information by the elders or anyone else.

Regards,

SandraC

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

I think you would do better to call the cops. Between the cops and Human services, you will get more justice than from some ill-conceived and toothless body of elders.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Tired of Hypocrisy.

Me too I think it is vital to report it to the police, which I did already do and also to the Canadain Mental Health Organization and here is a hotline if you know of any elderly person is being abused in your community or home.

There is also an American Chapter and hotline against elder and senior abuse.

Orangefatcat.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit