Headed/****** (town) ********( name ) congregation of Jehovahs Witnesses

by strawberry cake 9 Replies latest jw friends

• strawberry cake
    strawberry cake

My husband and I just received this letter from our old congregation. We refused a recent request for a visit.....

Dear **** and ******

I was sorry that it was not possible to follow up **** (elder)call with a visit, although I can understand that at present it would seem unnecessary and of little purpose to you.

It has been a disappointment to me that you no longer consider yourselves part of the congregation and one of Jehovah's Witnesses. This has led to some confusion for your brothers and sisters when they meet up with you, or if they inquire from others about your welfare.

It must be difficult for you both as well, but I think it would be best for the congregation to hear a brief announcement, saying that you do not wish to be viewed as associating with Jehovah's Witnesses.

Should I be mistaken in any way, do please let me know. We at ******* would dearly love to have you both share fellowship with us again in our worship of Jehovah.

Anticipating your reply

Your brother

So the shunning will be complete soon.

I've stopped caring, but my husband wants to answer this letter,exposing their excuse for a complete shunning of us.

Is there any point?

xxx SC

• fleaman uk
  • AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I don't understand.

Or maybe you are having trouble posting. Your opening post has no content.

-Aude.

• ex-nj-jw
  • Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Sorry, SC...

Wow... I only got phone calls from the elders asking for a letter... no letter from them... lucky you!

The letter mentions that you have stated that you no longer wish to be JWs... did you actually say that? to 2 elders? Then they don't need the letter from you, it's only to make it easier on them.

They asked me for a letter. When I asked for a letter from them, they just went ahead and announced my DA.

Sounds like this is what they might have in mind. If you want to reply, go ahead. It might not change much.

But as a DAd person, it feels good to be out... they will not hound you anymore. The shunning hurts at first but then you get over it quickly....

Take care,

A@G

• sacolton
    sacolton

It's a witch hunt to expose apostates and disassociate them to the congregation - with or without your knowledge.

• Gopher
    Gopher
    This has led to some confusion for your brothers and sisters when they meet up with you, or if they inquire from others about your welfare.

Exactly what makes this YOUR problem? They're the ones who feel the need to label you instead of treating you as real people and as friends.

It must be difficult for you both as well, but I think it would be best for the congregation to hear a brief announcement, saying that you do not wish to be viewed as associating with Jehovah's Witnesses.

So the elder is leaving you an option to DA or not? Why DA yourself? It'd just be playing by their stupid rules.

The elders and elderettes will likely make sure your name is mud, whether or not you officially DA yourselves.

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

At least you got a letter. All I got was rumors spread.

Do what you need to do to get your life completely back from them.

• strawberry cake
    strawberry cake

Thanks for all your responses

[email protected] did mention to the elder that called that I don't consider myself a JW anymore, as I disagree with them. I thought he would note this down. I also asked him to just let us leave quietly without need of an announcement.

This is the letter my husband wants to send.

Thank you for your letter of 13th July re- ‘confusion for the brothers and sisters.’.

I have to say that I have not experienced any problems in my conversations with brothers and sisters since leaving ******* Congregation. Most people know we have left and if anyone enquires as to why, my response is that we have both left, but I don’t wish to talk about it, thus enabling the conversation to move on to more mundane matters.

Both ***** and I have continued to be friendly to those that we meet from time to time, and have no ill-feeling towards anyone in the congregation.

I would have thought that an announcement to the congregation of the nature suggested in your letter would actually make it more difficult for those that wish to talk to us, as we would then be viewed in similar light to someone that was disfellowshipped. I know that this is a common practice within the Organization, but it strikes me more as being a way of discrediting those that wish to leave.

If anyone in the congregation is confused, I would have thought that the continual shifting sands of ‘past’ and ‘present’truth would be enough to cause that, without us doing anything. In taking the name Jehovah as it’s title, the Organisation has a heavy responsibility to get things right, otherwise they actually bring that name into disrepute. Personally I have too much respect for God to continue peddling ‘duff’ information to innocent people.

Yours

P.S

If you do decide to make an announcement, I would be grateful if you would show us the courtesy of informing us before hand, for the sake of those members of my family who are still attending the meetings.

Thank you.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

If you don't mind being shunned by your jw relatives, your husband's letter is excellent. If you don't want to be shunned, then send a variation of Dr. Bob's letter threatening legal action. They'll probably leave you alone after that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit